LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Harry Potter vs. Twilight

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
AARLuvr13
AARLuvr13 | 06-02-2010 05:03
In your opinion, which is the better series?
To me, Harry Potter was best. It took J.K. Rowling a decade to write Harry Potter 1-7. It took Stephenie Meyer 4 years to complete her series.

Both series were magnificent in their own ways. I will do the actual books. I'll start with the latest phenomenon, Twilight.
With Twilight, I had few problems. One, VDS, Vampires Don't Sparkle. I'm sorry, I know it's a minor issue, but dang! In all the history of vampire history, have we seen any sparkling vampires? The movies, Edward doesn't sparkle right! I was already against sparkling vampires, so I thought maybe the movie would convince me. Wow! But I will give Twilight and it's sequels props. I loved the characterization Stephenie Meyer brought to the table. She made Bella evolve,in a way, over the course of the series. These books were definitely page-turners. BUT, Meyer kinda left us hanging with the end of Breaking Dawn. All of her books took me about 2 weeks to read total. I waited until AFTER the craze. Stephenie unknowingly started the biggest obsession with vampires. Now, EVERYTHING has a vampire in it!

Your turn Harry Potter.

Loved the series. I kinda just stumbled upon the first book, to be honest. I was bored and picked it up to read, I was going into the 4th grade. Instantly loved it. When I finished the 1st one, I went to the 2nd and 3rd. Loved how J.K. Rowling gives the kids normal kid problems, when they're anything but. Dumbledore was Harry's Guardian Angel. Rowling by no way, left me hanging in the final installment. She even included a Epilogue. Sure, something were a tad unclosed like: What happened to the Dursleys? But she did a good job.

But as I said earlier, both series are magnificent reads. You really can't go wrong with either one. But Harry Potter still wins!
Tell me which one you liked better in the comments below!
26 to 37 of 37 comments
page 2 of 2
maccecilie
maccecilie | 01-12-2010 17:11
Harry Potter.
idoda
idoda | 01-12-2010 18:22
oh common! Twilight is very orginial, I mean sparkling vampyres ? And they're easy to relate to and they have normal teenage problem, like feeling lonely outsider and like you're different from other people but no one notices.. kinda depressing actually but still! Besides HP and Twilight are completely different you can't compare them, but i prefer Twilight
maccecilie
maccecilie | 01-12-2010 18:40
Twilight isn't original. The story isn't original, the writing itself isn't good and Bella is the most unlikable character I've ever read about.
megrocks88
megrocks88 | 20-12-2010 17:37
Harry Potter FTW!!!
ashalynnlove
ashalynnlove | 20-12-2010 18:00
meg im srry but i have to disagree with u on thiz 1 i mean wtf?.....twilight is liek fricken awesome!!-
ashalynnlove
ashalynnlove | 20-12-2010 18:00
meg im srry but i have to disagree with u on thiz 1 i mean wtf?.....twilight is liek fricken awesome!!-
Datagutten
Datagutten | 22-12-2010 17:35
Harry Potter for boys and twlight for girls.
Fjerrsyn
Fjerrsyn | 06-03-2011 11:17
Hmm, none, I guess. I've grown too old for HP and I've never been a fan of Twilight, so...
kalsonberry
kalsonberry | 06-03-2011 22:02
Harry Potter for sure! Although I have been to Forks, Washington but not Hogwarts, haha.
IngeVS
IngeVS | 15-01-2012 12:05
Harry Potter is much better worked out. She really thought about this.
Twilight is very basic. It is quite always the same. It all evolves around how great Edward is... and Edward is not even great. If my boyfriend was only a little like him, I would dump him immediately.
Tiia1Nachos
Tiia1Nachos | 10-05-2013 11:58
I don't like either of those series,
but if I had to pick one to read, Harry Potter it is!
CarlJ
CarlJ | 11-05-2013 12:43
Harry Potter.....you said it yourself.....JK too 7 years.........that other 'writer' took four......never saw a twilight, never will, never read any of them either.
I picked up the first HP book after I saw the movie....couldn't put it down
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: