LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

What does poetry mean to you

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
BrandNew88AFI02
BrandNew88AFI02 | 01-11-2003 18:47
Okay, here's a question. What does poetry mean to you? i'll post my answer later..
11 comments
JustxMe
JustxMe | 01-11-2003 18:49
The Truth?
Nothing, i don't like reading poems " Especially Shcool ones ",and i dont even like makeing ones.
hopelessly_Evil
hopelessly_Evil | 01-11-2003 22:58
Poetry is one of my major outlets...without it I would be, at best very screwed up, and at worse, dead.
DaRkSiDe
DaRkSiDe | 01-11-2003 22:59
it's about anything, how you feel, how you can express your feelings in words!
radiate86
radiate86 | 02-11-2003 22:09
Everything. It's weird...I write soley for myself, but I like when others read and can relate. My friend didn't really understand why I wrote and stuff, and I always told him to try it. Then one time he was upset, and he just wrote whatever came out, and he said it felt good. And it does. It's about expressing emotions. I don't really think there's "bad" poetry...I mean, it's what you feel. Who can say it's wrong?
_uNwAnTeD_
_uNwAnTeD_ | 02-11-2003 22:14
Poetry is being able to let someone take a tour of your entire mind body and soul. its telling people your fears, telling them what you think, telling them what you love, telling them what pisses you off, telling them how life is for you. poetry is being able to take all your fears, and uncertainties, and doubts, and put them into words, and be able to let some one the pain inside go away. its almost like have a balloon and blowing it until its almost about to bust, and then if you write some poetry, then its like letting some air out of that balloon. its the one outlet that is most satisfying. its the one thing that can either help you understand yourself, or help you understand someone else.
BrandNew88AFI02
BrandNew88AFI02 | 02-11-2003 22:16
wow, im reading these answers, its exactly how i feel... these are great... i think, maybe ill write an essay, and ill use all of your quotes....
_uNwAnTeD_
_uNwAnTeD_ | 02-11-2003 22:22
So Alicia - whats it mean to you? Have fun writing your essay btw!..hehe
BrandNew88AFI02
BrandNew88AFI02 | 02-11-2003 22:57
what poetry means to me... well, ill have to think on that one, and ill post it tongiht, hopefully..
drummer_chicka
drummer_chicka | 04-11-2003 02:56
poetry and writing in general is amazing..
im the kinda person who keeps all their thoughts to themselves and my way of expresing them is on paper.. its probably saved my life dozens of times...
Dream27
Dream27 | 04-11-2003 03:08
Poetry is a work or art in which in it one describes an emotion, a feeling, a moment in time. A poem has many meanings to me. depending which kind of poem. You see poetry comes in many diffrent forms. Certain poems are about love, others tell a story in very short words, some are funny adn others are just plain emotional. Iguess it all depends on the poem as i said before.
BrandNew88AFI02
BrandNew88AFI02 | 11-11-2003 21:15
Poetry used to be a way to vent my feelings. It took all the bad things away. I could write about whatever, rhyme it, and it worked perfect. And it helped alot.. It let me really express my feelings... But no more... I'm just a lost cause... Perhaps Ill write a few more, and then i might just stop...
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: