LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Love/Friendship Quotes

Follow 3
Add topic
Search
punkbabie
punkbabie | 09-10-2003 22:16
Im working on the school yearbook, and we have a couples and best friends page that im working on, and I need a couple of good LOVE and FRIENDSHIP quotes that would be appropriate.

They can come from movies, songs, anything as long as I know who said it!

Thanks a bunch!!

**i have decided to make this thread a sticky, as these quotes or phrases can sometimes be helpful, eg: for msn/aim names etc.. have fun**

~edited by moderator~
1 to 25 of 168 comments
page 1 of 7
Maybe_One_Day
Maybe_One_Day | 09-10-2003 23:37
A friend is someone who reaches for your hand but touches your heart
-the little prince ( i think...)
radiate86
radiate86 | 10-10-2003 01:11
I know so many, but don't know who said em. Buuut, you can seacrh Friendship quotes and you'll get a million. Or...

[url=]http://www.famous-quotations.com/

Then do it by subject.
singingsweetie
singingsweetie | 21-11-2003 04:50
if music be the fruit of love, play on << one of my fav shakespeare quotes
Rass
Rass | 21-11-2003 05:13
"friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when out wings have trouble remembering how to fly" (author unknown)

okay i tried to find who said it but i can't, it has been in a few emails i got and i looked for it on google and i found the qoute a lot but not who it's by, it's always listed as unknown, sorry if that makes it hard to use
balinvoher
balinvoher | 26-11-2003 17:20
One of my favourite love quotes comes from the film A Beautiful Mind about the mathematician John Nash, he gives this speach when accepting his nobel prize for mathematics.have to see the film to really appreciate it.

"I have always believed in numbers and in the equations and logic that lead to reason, but after a lifetime of such persuits i ask, what truely is logic, who decides reason? My quest for answers has lead me through the physical, the metaphysical, the deliusional and back, and it is through this that i have come to make the greatest discovery of my career, the greatest discovery of my life. That it is only in the mysterious equations of love that we may find any true logic or reason. (To his wife in the audience) I am only here tonight because of you, you are the reason i am, you are all my reasons. Thank you."
QUPNCY
QUPNCY | 26-11-2003 17:24
*to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world*

*if i had to choose between you & a smile, i would choose you, because without you, i can't smile*

*lucky that friends don't come with pricetags otherwise i'd never be able to afford someone as wonderful as you*

*don't frown, you never know who is falling in love with your smile*

*if you lived to be one hundred, i would want to live one hundred minus one day so i would never have to live a day without you*

*if all my friends were jumping off a bridge, i wouldn't follow, i'd be at the bottom to catch them*

that's all i can think of off the top of my head for now, but yeah, you can get heaps of them off sites, there's millions. good luck with your assignment thing

RKLAM
RKLAM | 26-11-2003 17:25
i don't know who said it but....

A friend is someone who would bail you out of jail but a best friend is someone who would be in the cell next to you saying "Damn that was fun"
QUPNCY
QUPNCY | 26-11-2003 17:29
oh heh, i dont think i read all of the opening post.

well, considering this thread is over a month old & the assignment has probably been submitted as well as corrected lol..& considering the fact that this thread is in the category i moderate, maybe i should make it a 'sticky' because i duno, these quotes are nice

what do you guys think?
Jez
Jez | 26-11-2003 17:30
I say yes Ren so at least I know what quotes you already know and so I won't use on you!
BrandNew88AFI02
BrandNew88AFI02 | 26-11-2003 18:18
"A friend is someone who understands your past, believes in your future, and accepts you today the way you are." Author Unknown

Sorry I found it on a magnet, so I don't know who said it.
Cazper
Cazper | 12-12-2003 15:18
"Friendship is like peeing in your pants, eveyone can see it, but o9nly you can feel the true warmth of it. Thank you for being the pee in my pants"

"One day you will ask me what means more to me, you or my life. I will say my life and you will walk away, not knowing that you are my life"

"Ive learned that you cant make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in"

"if you were a tear in my eye, i would not cry for fear of losing you"

"It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return. but what is more painful is to love someone and never find the courage to tell that person how you feel"

"the hardest thing to do is to watch the one you love, love someone else"

"just because someone doesnt love you the way you want them to, doesnt mean they dont love you with all they have"

"heres to the nights ill never remember with the friends ill never forget"

"nobody is perfect untill you fall in love with the"

K, thats all for now, although ive probly got loads more floatin about....
rhiann
rhiann | 15-12-2003 19:55
"She said to me, who's life is more important, mine or yours? I said mine....she walked away crying not knowing that she is my life."

"Passion. It lies in all of us. Sleeping, waiting, and though unwanted, unbidden, it will stir, open its jaws, and howl. It speaks to us, guides us. Passion rules us all, and we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love, the clarity of hatred, and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we can live without passion, maybe we'd know some kind of peace. But we would be hollow. Empty rooms, shuttered and dank. Without passion, we'd be truly dead ."

chawl87
chawl87 | 22-12-2003 10:23
LOL that stalker quote was FUNNY capzer! i can't stop laughing!
PopTart10169
PopTart10169 | 23-12-2003 17:49
www.firehotquotes.com
rockguy03
rockguy03 | 23-12-2003 22:47
A friend is always true, loyal, and friendly.
- me
cairowinters
cairowinters | 23-12-2003 23:07
aww, i love these sorts of quotes

Friends are those rare people who ask you how you are and then wait to hear the answer.

Friends are the pillers on your porch. Sometimes they hold you up, sometimes they lean on you and sometimes it's just enough to know that they are standing by.

Before you meet the handsome prince you have to kiss a lot of toads.

The most wasted of days is one without laughter (so true!)

There is no conversation more boring than the one where everyone agrees (another totally true one!)

Don't get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it just makes you walk funny.

I love these quotes, but unfortunately I cannot remember who said them!
xpierre_fanx
xpierre_fanx | 25-12-2003 04:46
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless.
- Mother Theresa

Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you haven't really learned anything.
- Muhammad Ali

If you judge people, you have no time to love them.
- Mother Theresa

I'll submit more when I find them or when I can remember them all lol. I have some great ones but I don't know WHO said them!
Catatonic
Catatonic | 30-12-2003 13:18
"That old saying how you always hurt the one you love? well it works both ways" fight club - the film

Memorize
Memorize | 30-12-2003 13:32
i love u like a fat kid love cake
the_canadian_88
the_canadian_88 | 30-12-2003 14:04
ive got lots of quotes and song lyrics on my webpage.....

www.freewebs.com/volleyballchick4lyfe
bear_fanatic
bear_fanatic | 30-12-2003 15:45
You don't have to make friendship, it comes naturally! Hehe, something that i've just thought of.
xpierre_fanx
xpierre_fanx | 15-01-2004 04:34
Lose one friend. Lose all friends. Lose yourself.

---Boy Meets World

l3aby_spaz
l3aby_spaz | 15-01-2004 04:37
"The holy passion of friendship is of so sweet and steady and loyal and enduring a nature that it will last a whole lifetime, if not asked to lend money" -Mark Twain
anoobis
anoobis | 15-01-2004 04:41
Well Renata, some people think I wrote something good about love...i don't know how but i guess u could post a link to the thread i put it in...called "Life, Love"
greenfairy
greenfairy | 15-01-2004 07:36
You have to live to love, love to learn, and learn to let go.

Nothing you love is lost. Not really. Things, people - they always go away - sooner or later. You can't hold them anymore than you can hold moonlight. But if they've touched you, if they're inside you, then they're still yours. The only things you ever really have are the ones you hold inside your heart.

Never in a million years did I think I'd find someone so utterly and completely perfect; someone who'd make me happier than I ever dreamed I could be; someone that would touch my life so profoundly and just give me a whole new reason to breathe...But then I found you, and realized that everything I anticipated you'd be, doesn't even compare to what you are

Throughout your life you will meet one person who is unlike any other. You could talk to this person for hours and never get bored...You could tell them things and they wouldn't judge you. This amazing person is you soul mate and your best friend.... Don't ever let them go.

Fear not, for I will always hold your hand through the hard times. Do not be ashamed to cry, for I will always be there to wipe your tears. Do not hesitate to come to me with your problems, because my heart will always be there to listen and help. Remember that I will be there for you, always.

When your life falls apart, always remember that I will be the one who will stay to help you pick the pieces up. And when the rest of the world walks out on you, remember not to close the door, because I am the one who will be walking in to help you through it all.

When you are lonely always remember that there is someone out there loving you more than words can explain, and smile, just knowing that person is me.

You're the first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning. You're the last thing I think of before I go to sleep and through out the day you're always on my mind and in my heart and at night, while I'm sleeping, you're in my dreams, I guess I should tell you I love you.

Okay, I'll admit it, I'm an addict, but not in the usual sense of the word. You see, I'm addicted to you. When I'm around you I'm on an incredible high, and when I'm not with you, the withdrawal is unbearable.

Sorry i don't know who wrote them, i just found it offa some forwards site. I hope they're ok.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: