LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Nigga or Nigger...Whats the difference?

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
iiuvme
iiuvme | 20-04-2007 00:06
im doing a paper for school and my topic is should the "n" word be abolished, but i would like to know what makes it different from if a wite person saying it then a black person and what is the diffrence between niggA and niggeR? ( In case your woundering yes, i'm black!!!)
1 to 25 of 28 comments
page 1 of 2
Pandora
Pandora | 20-04-2007 00:18
well.. white people are seriously baffled by this most of the time.

I personally punch everyone I know white/black/hispanic for saying it. Anything like that, cracker/spic/nigger even 'nukka' because I think it's all ridiculous.

If it's changed to 'nigga' or 'nukka' people seem to think that it's less offensive. It's apart of the whole 'sugar coating to get by' that the world has started to base it's morals upon. It's all about not wanting to take full responsiblity for your own actions.

As for the difference between whites and blacks saying it .. just as it's built into women to get offended by the male superior comments, blacks get offended at whites for racists comments, not matter how they are said. And just as a woman can call another woman horrible names, blacks can do the same to each other without being offended. It's all apart of feeling equal and less threatened by the person commenting on you... because no matter what most people say, the division is there and will be until we all go blind.

I think there are a few threads on this already, I will try to link you to a few of them... it's a iffy dicussion to get into sometimes.

rockon
tabitha

Pandora
Pandora | 20-04-2007 00:21
one thread

rockon
tabitha
LudMan
LudMan | 20-04-2007 00:26
There is No difference.
Either way, it's a slang,negative term.
Abolishing it? Yes,good luck!
mikey_boy
mikey_boy | 20-04-2007 05:44
honestly, i say it amongst my friends all the time. its not meant as a racial slur when we say it, kind of like a term for endearment. while yes, it is a racial slur, we kind of dont think of it as being so. its kind of funny.

kind of like the porch monkey conversation in Clerks 2.
lonewolfatheist
lonewolfatheist | 20-04-2007 06:07
haha, that was great in Clerks2.

like his holiness Carlin said, it's not the word that's bad, it's the racists a**h*le down the street that says it that you should be worried about.
Metalupurass69
Metalupurass69 | 20-12-2008 23:58
the authority figures use the word nigger, street slang is nigga i blame america(n)/society. the niggas out there say that we cant use that word or we get slit, jumped, shot, raped or all of the above but the streets use it constantly. once again i blame society. america is screwed!
Joeyy
Joeyy | 21-12-2008 00:19
Yes, because only Americans use that/those word (said with sarcasm).
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 21-12-2008 14:36
It's offensive when said by whites because whites were the ones using it offensively during slavery, the civil rights movement, etc... personally I find it a little ridiculous how offended blacks get over a single word. Maybe a negro could help me understand better... I dont know how it became "nigga," or why blacks adopted the word into their vocab, but it's kinda annoying. Most people I know consider black people and niggers two different things anyways
Arual_92
Arual_92 | 21-12-2008 17:42
in my opinion both are insulting and i dont understand why some black people would adress themselves or other black people like that
However, here are 2Pac's words in an interview

"Niggers was the ones with the rope hanging out the things.... Niggas are the ones with the golden ropes hanging out the clubs."

that was 2pac's view....

Either way, in my opinion still the same word and disrespectful and insulting..

PunkRckr8
PunkRckr8 | 21-12-2008 18:40
Most people I know consider black people and niggers two different things anyways

Same here.

And Kenny, enough with the "insight" into American society, you're a psycho Canadian.
Fjerrsyn
Fjerrsyn | 17-04-2010 20:29
To me it does not matter since I view it as equaly offensive.
And no, I'm not black,
but I've had friends who are ever since I was à kid
so I feel personally insulted whenever I hear someone say it.
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 18-04-2010 23:27
You're equally offended by "nigga"?? Ummm, why?? It's a word that blacks came up with and you aren't even black. It isn't offensive whatsoever and is completely different than "nigger"
Fjerrsyn
Fjerrsyn | 12-05-2010 08:57
Bucephalus: If it was me you meant,
then how about you actually read the replies better
instead of just rushing it through
and start asking idiotic questions?
If someone insulted your friends in front of your face,
wouldn't you feel insulted then?

Oh, it is not? And what makes you say that?
What do you know about the subject, anyway?
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 12-05-2010 09:13
Why are you making the assumption i didn't read everything? Everything I said makes complete sense... Why the hell would nigga be just as offensive as nigger to you?
Execujetv12
Execujetv12 | 16-05-2010 18:11
No, your spamming doesn't make any sense.. ^
PoisonCure
PoisonCure | 16-05-2010 21:18
nigger
Fjerrsyn
Fjerrsyn | 19-05-2010 13:44
Bucephalus: I've already told you that.
Because if you offend my friends,
you're offending me as well.
What's so hard to understand about that?
Why are you behaving like such à clotpole?
And no, your argument doesn't make any sense at all.
RONTX
RONTX | 19-05-2010 16:02
Nigger is looked at here in the South as the offensive, racist form of the word. Never say it unless you want to suffer the consequences lol

Nigga', Nicca.. however you want to say it is seen as the word "dude", "homie", "dog", "bro" but ghetto or urban.
Depending on your upbringing, black people will either get offended or be cool with the fact that you are saying Nigga. I'm Latino and I've definitely said it with friends who are black but have to be careful around whom you say it to not offend strangers..

Just like cursing, you dont curse around everyone to not offend people even though you are just saying Shit! But amongst friends, let the cursing come out
Bucephalus
Bucephalus | 20-05-2010 06:04
why are your friends offended by nigga? it is a term used by BLACKS for OTHER BLACKS
supsup
supsup | 20-10-2010 13:25
"And just as a woman can call another woman horrible names, blacks can do the same to each other without being offended. It's all apart of feeling equal and less threatened by the person commenting on you..."
tabitha

So women cant feel equal to me? and blacks cant feel equal to white? WTF?
maccecilie
maccecilie | 04-02-2011 21:21
Is 'negro' considered offensive?
Melissa302675
Melissa302675 | 04-02-2011 21:32
i think the diffrence it that when some one calls some one a nigger they mean like a person that is lowwer than them and doesnt deserve respect. and i think when some one calls some one a nigga they mean hommie like a best friend uve known forever
Poppyseed1
Poppyseed1 | 10-01-2012 05:49
Nigger is ok nigga isnt
Rainbow_Chaser
Rainbow_Chaser | 10-01-2012 06:37
To be fair, the word "nigger" does sound more offensive than "nigga" to me. I'm not sure why. Could be the fact that when people say it to eachother, like they're homies, they say "'Sup nigga" or something like that, with the "-a"-end. And when making racist comments, the word "nigger", with the "-er"-end is used.
I personally don't really like either of the words other than joking about saying "nigger" to my friends. Not because I'm racist, but because we all make, more or less, racist jokes from time to time.

To maccecilie:
I'd say that "negro" is the "correct" term if you must use the "n"-word.
Not that "negro" is a bad word, it didn't have any racism over it when created... But then stupid people brought stupid racism into the world.. And well.. There you go
GodsChild79
GodsChild79 | 24-01-2012 02:50
This is like being called a cracker, then someone correcting it and saying Ritz. You still called me the same thing. In other words. It's not right. If I have to refrain from using words that may offend someone, I should have enough respect for myself and others to refrain.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: