LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en
Follow 1
Add topic
Search
Godler
Godler | 28-06-2006 09:15
Hi!
Since I've seen many people with problems tuning their guitar, I thought I'd explain how to do it

Standard tuning (EBGDAE)

First of all, tune the thinnest string to E. That E is the E in the middle of the piano, hope you understand

Then tune the second string from the bottom into B. You do this by holding you finger on the 5th fret, while of course, playing on the string. Then you tune that string into the same as the first one. They should sound exactly the same (E) (1) and B (2))

Then we have the third string (G): Do the same thing, but the only difference is that we now press the 4:th fret, and tune. The tune should be the same as the B string.

After that, comes the D string, which is often the hardest one to tune. Hold down the 5:th fret and tune in like the G string above.

Then the second "fattest" string (A). Hold down the 5:th fret and tune in like the string below. (G)

Then the last, tune the "fattest" string (Another E), by holding on the 5:th fret and tuning like the A string.

So remember: E-5-4-5-5-5

After this, your guitar should sound pretty OK. Of course there are many different, and better ways to tune your guitar, but It's simple, and most important of all. It works.

I hope I've been to some help
//Dan

6 comments
ignacio
ignacio | 28-06-2006 09:18
I always found it easier to tune the lowest E first and then work my way from there. I can get E pretty accurate without a piano or a guitar tuner, but I'm still working on perfecting it
Godler
Godler | 28-06-2006 09:20
Yeah, I guess that works quite good too
DarXide
DarXide | 28-06-2006 09:43
EBGDAE is standard?

What's EADGBE then?

lol.. I just started playing the guitar like 2 months back
Godler
Godler | 28-06-2006 09:50
Sorry, I should have explained that too..

EBGDAE is the standard tuning of a guitar. You play most songs with this kind of tuning.

For example; E is the E on the piano. B is the B (lower) on the piano etc. Get it?

Hope you understand
ignacio
ignacio | 28-06-2006 10:16
EBGDAE is standard?

What's EADGBE then?

It's standard. He just mentioned the strings the otherway. It's generally EADGBE.
NoahFromStanton
NoahFromStanton | 05-02-2007 23:00
tuning by frets is obnoxious and doesnt get you in tune very well. go to www.ultimate-guitar.com to find how to tune by harmonics
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: