LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Why Fall In Love With Your Best Friend?

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
tinkerbellrocks
tinkerbellrocks | 30-05-2006 02:06
i seen a lot of people here that have fallen in love with there best friend. i wonder how this happens. do you just suddenly decide that you love them one day? or is it more gradual? please explain the enigma to me.
26 to 50 of 50 comments
page 2 of 2
paintedfringes
paintedfringes | 10-09-2006 09:33
i would expect its more gradual. i usually find that i sort of realise that i fancy a person. weird. usually they are already good friends.. which is a shame because it can really ruin friendships. but its good if they fancy you too.
kokoa_2008
kokoa_2008 | 10-11-2006 03:35
i had the most huge crush on my best friend in 8th grade he was sweet he always was there for me and he's a funny guy i think he was perfect until i found out he was gay lol its cool we are still really good friends and i think thats something else both of us have in common we are boy crazy lmao ppl fall in love with their best friends because they are close together all the time and for a while you think its real but trust me you'll get over it
FactiOn
FactiOn | 13-11-2006 07:49
fall in love with ur best friend..well, that's because you already know him very well, and you trust him..

but why fall in love because if you'll break up you might lose your best friend!
cairowinters
cairowinters | 13-11-2006 23:45
^^ Why fall in love? There's no why. You can't choose to fall in love or not.
PunkRckr8
PunkRckr8 | 13-11-2006 23:51
"Better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all"

however, the losing part sucks badly, as many people know, which makes the loving part real precocious.

and I don't think its just any friend that you fall in love with. . . I'd say out of all of my close friends that are girls, I've only fallen real hard for 2 maybe 3 of them. I think eventually you just realize that, hey we're great friends, but I get this feeling we could be something really special, and that feeling doesn't accompany every friendship.
melly606
melly606 | 29-06-2007 16:38
i'm in love with my best friend right now too, we're going out, it turns out he loved me too! these are all reallyy good songs for your situation and for anyone elses. its still good though. good luck with it, it usually doesn't work out, but sometimes if your lucky it works out perfect :]

eric benet - loving your best friend -- never heard it, but its pretty obvious what it's about.

howie day - collide -- famous love song, not exactly about your best friend, but love in general.

enrique iglesias - escape -- another love song.

jesse mccartney - just so you know -- i reallyy reccomend this one for being in love with your best friend. its sooo good.

some lyrics from just so you know -
"i shouldnt love you, but i want to, i cant turn away, i shouldnt see you, but i cant move, i cant look away.....and i dont know how to be fine when im not, cause i dont know how to make a feeling stop, just so you know, this feelings takin control of me, and i cant help it..."

taylor swift - teardrops on my guitar -- its about being in love with your
best friend and them loving someone else.

colbie caillat - bubbly -- really cute love song.

head automatica - beating hearts baby -- everyone knows this song, its a fast cute love song.

racal flatts - bless the broken road -- song about finding true love with someone after a lot of heartache.

snow patrol - chasing cars -- cute, maybe a break-up song, not sure, but still good to listen to when in love with your bff.

the rocket summer - cross my heart -- really really cute song.

some lyrics of cross my heart - "your best you tried, and yeah you did fine, no better then fine, perfectt in my mind, infact, i wish your heart was mine."

enrique iglesias - do you know? -- cute but kind of sad.

akon - dont matter -- me and my exboyfriends song, really cute, everyone knows it, duh.

cartel - honestly -- some lyrics "please dont mind what i'm trying to say, cause i, im being honest, when i tell you that you, your part of the reason im so set on the rest of my life being a part of you"

james taylor - how sweet it is [being loved by you] -- country love song that i grew up listening to.

edwin mcain - i'll be -- really good.

three doors down - let me go -- love song.

well a lot of those are love songs but they are still cute, and you can relate them to being in love with your best friend, and the jesse mccartney one, im not a big fan of him but that one is really really good. prob. the best for being in love with your bestie.

okayy well i hope thats enough.

:]

good luck!

simplethings1
simplethings1 | 17-02-2008 13:16
Here's a dilemma on the same subject, can someone help me.

This year me (male) and my best friend (female) are going away, same room and everything which was her idea, although seperate beds. This trip with just me and her whichws also her idea has only encouraged my feelings towards her which she has no idea about. I don't whether to read too much into this or does she just want to go away because we're best friends. What if she gets a boyfriend before we go away?
Please help, what should I do? I could wreck the friendship!
BlooFluff
BlooFluff | 03-03-2008 04:19
If you plan on telling her you like her don't wait until you are already on the trip. If she's your best friend she'll be understanding. You should talk to her about it now. As a girl, I think you should tell her before you go so that you don't end up in a really awkward situation once you get there if she doesn't return the feelings. It would be a good thing to tell her now so that she can get used to that idea. Since she's your best friend I would guess she'll be truly understanding. If you don't tell her before you leave though, you should definitely wait until after you get back to tell her how you feel.
SoCheemo
SoCheemo | 08-07-2008 03:05
Well this is something I can personally relate to.

I am in love with my best friend in the world. Why? Because he knows everything about me and I know everything about him. Because we are so close. Because we spend practially every second we can together so we're super close. Because no one understands me the way he does. Because no one accepts me or makes me feel more loved than him. Because he is the one person on this earth I can go to for anything, and that I can never get tired of.

Did I just wake up one day and say "Hey why not fall in love with Brandon (my bff) today"? No. It was gradual. Whenever we'd hang out I'd find myself staring at him more than normal, wanting to be closer to him for no reason. I'd find myself wanting to play with his hair or kiss him. Then after a while it grew.

Before I knew it my every thought was consumed by him. Before I knew it I started to los my breath around him. Before I knew it I was admitting I was in love with him.

Falling in love with your best friend happens because tey are the one person who you are 100% comfortable around. They are your life and you are theres. They don't care about your faults and they are there to always catch you when you fall.

Sadly my friend doesn't return my feelings. Recently let him know every thing that was on my mind. We gave it a try but he said it was "too weird" because we are so close. So basically the reason I love him is the reason he doesn't think we would work. So I'm trying to move on, but its so difficult because we're still as tight as ever...and my heart still races ever time I think of him or hear it voice.

Hope that was a sufficient answer...sorry to write a novel!!
SoCheemo
SoCheemo | 08-07-2008 03:05
Well this is something I can personally relate to.

I am in love with my best friend in the world. Why? Because he knows everything about me and I know everything about him. Because we are so close. Because we spend practially every second we can together so we're super close. Because no one understands me the way he does. Because no one accepts me or makes me feel more loved than him. Because he is the one person on this earth I can go to for anything, and that I can never get tired of.

Did I just wake up one day and say "Hey why not fall in love with Brandon (my bff) today"? No. It was gradual. Whenever we'd hang out I'd find myself staring at him more than normal, wanting to be closer to him for no reason. I'd find myself wanting to play with his hair or kiss him. Then after a while it grew.

Before I knew it my every thought was consumed by him. Before I knew it I started to los my breath around him. Before I knew it I was admitting I was in love with him.

Falling in love with your best friend happens because tey are the one person who you are 100% comfortable around. They are your life and you are theres. They don't care about your faults and they are there to always catch you when you fall.

Sadly my friend doesn't return my feelings. Recently let him know every thing that was on my mind. We gave it a try but he said it was "too weird" because we are so close. So basically the reason I love him is the reason he doesn't think we would work. So I'm trying to move on, but its so difficult because we're still as tight as ever...and my heart still races ever time I think of him or hear it voice.

Hope that was a sufficient answer...sorry to write a novel!!
xballaholicx
xballaholicx | 15-08-2008 23:22
b/c....tinkerbellrocks :-p
Charrr
Charrr | 18-05-2009 00:25
i made the biggest mistake of falling in love with my best friend, he loves me to but he has a girlfriend and its so hard to deal with. He says he cant leave her because he will not be able to get over her but why say hes in love with me he hates it everytime i kiss another boy, we have the biggest arguement and he dont talk to me, and now he is not talking to me because i kissed his mate, i feel so low and shit and i just wna cry all the time ! He has a girlfriend and still has a go at me, i made the biggest mistake falling in love with him and now i dont know how to get out of it
greatdivide012
greatdivide012 | 17-06-2009 00:56
i can definitely relate. i meet this girl in college who ended up becoming me best friend. we had tons of stuff in common and would literally see each other almost everyday. when we weren't together we text or call each other. we would stay up til like 4 in the morning talking to each other. she would even call me her "number one". everyone though we were together. I had never felt so comfortable with somebody and she told me was as comfortable with me as she was with friends she knew for years.

i gradually began to like her as more than a friend. i told me her but she didn't feel the same. we have not really talked for the past 3 months. in that time in have sent her text to which she has not replied and recently sent a facebook message with no reply. i still think about her everyday and my heart speeds up whenever i see her. its almost feels like we were in a relationship with me telling her i fell for her as the "break-up" followed by awkwardness whenever we saw each other. I really miss just talking to her and my heart still speeds up when i see her

At times i regret telling her but i realized there was no way i could have stopped how i felt. i just don't know if i'll ever find someone that great and i can feel as comfortable with again

p.s. to add to that list of songs:

taylor swift-you belong with me (this one has a happy ending)
jonas brothers-just friends
jesse mccartney-how do you sleep?
Happibunnyy
Happibunnyy | 02-09-2010 23:41
I just signed up for the whole purpose of this: to the person that listed songs, YOU FORGOT "Lucky" by Jason Mraz!
vandy
vandy | 04-09-2010 04:02
My boyfriend had a discussion once with his bff (female) when he and I had just met. They debated the age old question of whether or not any friendship between two hetero people of the same sex could be truly platonic. They came to the conclusion that it's possible, but only if that friend is not your "type." I'm inclined to agree.

So the real question is, why don't MORE people fall for their best friends??
drrockstar48
drrockstar48 | 29-05-2011 08:30
i'm currently in love with my best friend. it started with a slight attraction and we talked and hit it off. my bff was taking a break from dating when we met so we stuck to friends and as we got closer and closer my feelings grow stronger. i figured we would get together like a cliche 80's movie. he got with other ppl and they always broke up. he finally told me how he felt about me but got with another girl after, they broke up as well. this broke my heart and recently broke down and told me how big of a mistake she was. hes really afraid to get into a relationship because he doesnt want to lose me as his best friend. the whole time my love for him never just 'went away'...it never just 'goes away'. i think those of you who say you get over it dont know what love it. a small crush is not the same. ive never felt this way about anyone and never will. hes my ture love and
drrockstar48
drrockstar48 | 29-05-2011 08:35
true** disregard that last "and"
nellit
nellit | 31-05-2011 12:36
Why fall in love at all?
Kimsyu
Kimsyu | 31-07-2011 19:56
you're so close to your best friend!!it's one of the person or even THE person who you truly like the most..its a special being who knows almost all about you and your secrets too!!but officially he/she is your best friend so it takes quite a lot of time before you really realize if you love him/her or not..perhaps you realize completely when you separate from each other..its true that when you start going out with your best friend and something goes wrong, it would never be the same again..believe me!
Kramazof
Kramazof | 16-10-2012 09:14
I had best friends that fell in love with me , It didn't work out cause I didn't love'em back , And it always ends badly and we almost know each other now .

But .. I've fallen in love with my current best friend , I dun think am going to tell her , cause I dun wanna end up like my past best friends , cause when it doesn't work out there is no being friends anymore .
moliana
moliana | 18-10-2012 02:13
Because they r hot, and funny, and nice, and accepting, and, and, HOT!!! and a stud.
mapriances
mapriances | 29-11-2012 15:33
It's really hard to fall in love with your best friend especially when he already has a girlfriend. You can't have him and you definitely don't want to lose him. Though staying would also mean that you'll keep on hurting until you found that person whom you can focus on instead of your best friend.

This is exactly the situation that I'm in right now and it sucks. What sucks more is that he admitted that he loves me back, but he can't lose his girlfriend just yet. He even told me that I am the one who he really wants and not her. but suddenly a day came when I no longer feel that I'm the one that he really wants anymore. It's sad, but I can't stay away.. I just don't know how to.
MizManleyMam94
MizManleyMam94 | 26-08-2013 19:08
It's gradual. As your best friend you do everything together and he knows all about you, you understand and know him, and as you love him as a friend, that love continues to deepen as you continue to grow and learn to appreciate him even more; until one day you realize that over all that time, it's not simply a friendship anymore to you, it's a love that you couldn't live without.
MizManleyMam94
MizManleyMam94 | 26-08-2013 19:12
.... and it kills you to watch him fall in love with someone else. So you "put away your heart, to let his be free."
Cohors
Cohors | 24-10-2013 21:04
...and sucks just the same, but that's just part of being the best friend, sadly.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: