LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Why Fall In Love With Your Best Friend?

Follow 1
Add topic
Search
tinkerbellrocks
tinkerbellrocks | 30-05-2006 02:06
i seen a lot of people here that have fallen in love with there best friend. i wonder how this happens. do you just suddenly decide that you love them one day? or is it more gradual? please explain the enigma to me.
1 to 25 of 50 comments
page 1 of 2
lilBlondeloser
lilBlondeloser | 30-05-2006 02:11
its gradual, I fell for him pretty quick but it took me a while to have such strong feelings for him
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 30-05-2006 02:45
I can see why it'd be kinda easy... If you are best friends, chances are that you have a lot in common...and the other person is relatively attractive. So maybe eventually you just start to think that no one is more perfect than her/him..

jOsIe_Gj
jOsIe_Gj | 30-05-2006 03:24
hum in fact i don't think you decide to love your best friend, it just happens. But yeah, as said above, you do have a lot in common normally when you're best friends. or then you just understand the other really easily, which is not given to everybody in some cases. and being with this person all the time and having fun are two things that can lead to loving the other. but i still do not think you "decide" to fall for the other!
DolphinStarr
DolphinStarr | 30-05-2006 03:34
Its gradual, you start off as friends and things progress until you finally come to the realization that you are in love with them. Its more of a putting words to what you've started to feel.
Schatzi
Schatzi | 30-05-2006 03:36
suddenly decide that you love them

Do you ever just decide that you love someone? Honestly? I think not.
Playmate01
Playmate01 | 30-05-2006 03:47
i have no idea but tinker bell does rock
manutd_4eva
manutd_4eva | 30-05-2006 04:23
no..i cant fall in love with my bestfriend, hes a guy lol, and my other bestfriend is a chik and still no...
missLP
missLP | 30-05-2006 12:47
FireWaterBurn 30-05-2006 02:45 AM
26,829 posts
I can see why it'd be kinda easy... If you are best friends, chances are that you have a lot in common...and the other person is relatively attractive. So maybe eventually you just start to think that no one is more perfect than her/him..

i completely agree with this idea. bicaz it happened to me, and when he understood, he never talked to me again. and im trying to forget what foolish things ive done, but its hard to forget. now everyday i see him at university, and memory of him becomes alive again.

i hate myself.
missLP
missLP | 30-05-2006 12:51
i forgot to say, i hate myself bicaz i never understood we were just friends, no more.
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 30-05-2006 12:51
thats what happens when loves comes into picture
missLP
missLP | 30-05-2006 12:54
what do u mean?
r0q
r0q | 30-05-2006 12:56
its usually gradual. when someone know u so much more than u do, always there for u; listening and understands u more than anyone could, it is possible to fall for them. more so if u are a girl.
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 30-05-2006 12:58
i mean when you are great friends with someone but begin to feel something more for them there's 75% chance of it effing up, because they don't feel the same way. the other 25 % are jsut lucky buggars.
missLP
missLP | 30-05-2006 13:00
yes, thats wat happened to me. and the worse thing is i cant forgive myself. im a fool. im a kid. oh my God...
Plantagenet
Plantagenet | 30-05-2006 15:29
The fact that this someone is your best friend, means that he's already very special to you and means much to you. It also means that you have a lot in common, that there is a lot you share and can talk about. That you feel comfortable around him, that he's always there when you need a friend.

Isn't that also what we seek in a relationship?

I guess that's why, at least, that's why I fell in love with my best (male) friend.
InterNeta
InterNeta | 30-05-2006 15:40
well, it's kinda the logical thing to do, falling in love with your best friend. it's a person you feel the most comfortable with, you can tell them anything, you enjoy their company, and you trust them. if you're attracted to them as well, I think falling in love with them is quite the obvious next step. I don't know, I think that many people (definately including myself) wants their romantic partner to be their best friend, see as in being a bf/gf, the emphasis shouldn't be put on the romantic side, as much as on a best friend I can sleep with lol. that way you get emotional and physical satisfaction from this person, and that's just a great thing for everyone. lol that's why I tend to have crushes on guy friends I have, cuz the fact they're my friends is proof enough for me why they should be more.
Plantagenet
Plantagenet | 30-05-2006 15:43
the other 25 % are jsut lucky buggars.

Yeah, indeed, I praise myself very lucky that he understood and didn't turn his back on me. I even think we know better who we are for each other after I told him.
EmoRockGirl85
EmoRockGirl85 | 30-05-2006 15:57
there's a reason this person is your best friend. you trust him the most, you do everything together...i mean, best friends with someone of the opposite sex is basically dating without the physical stuff. it's natural that it would progress into more.
tinkerbellrocks
tinkerbellrocks | 02-06-2006 20:14
thank you. i get it now.
Roxy_Ryan
Roxy_Ryan | 02-06-2006 20:51
Bull. Shit.

If two people truly are best friends then something like one developing feelings for the other will certainly not screw things up. If it does, then the two people can't have truly been best friends. Being best friends requires such a strong bond that can battle through anything, so small things like one developing feelings for the other will certainly not affect anything in a negative way.

cairowinters
cairowinters | 03-06-2006 01:22
You don't just "decide" to fall in love. It just...happens... I suppose.
crystalluvsGD
crystalluvsGD | 08-06-2006 19:11
I want a Boy to be my Best Friend first
mpj9121
mpj9121 | 23-08-2006 21:44
it depends. sometimes its gradual and sometimes its sudden. it's worse when its sudden though cos u immediately hav 2 still be their friend AND hide ur feelins at the same time!! in conclusion: fallin in love wiv ur best friend is a screw-up.
oona14
oona14 | 06-09-2006 04:33
Never fall in love with your best friend you wont be friends at the end of it all. This happened to me and i regret screwing it up
cairowinters
cairowinters | 07-09-2006 00:03
^^ It's not always a screw-up. You've just gotta take your chances like in any other relationship.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: