LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

How Are You Doing? Jr.

Follow 8
Add topic
Search
vandy
vandy | 30-01-2006 16:20
I'm not exactly sure why this thread is different, why y'all let me be the one to make a second thread, but I do appreciate it . This thread is my baby, the first How Are You Doing marks the first thread of mine that made it long enough to be closed .

Anyway, you know how it goes. Post in here if you're happy, sad, angry, mediocre...just...how are you doing?

The first thread was made over 2 years ago when I was friends with a guy named Ben. It saw me through that whole friendship. It saw me through my move to college, making tons of new friends and having a great time, I've probably got at least one drunk post in there, it saw me through a bad relationship and an eating disorder, and the glory I shined in as I left both behind.

I will stop babbling and now dedicate the second chapter to Matt, Celeste, and Carole who've seen me through it all, since the beginning of that thread and before, and continue to be my friends now.
3,701 to 3,725 of 3,934 comments
page 149 of 158
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 15-11-2015 22:12
For any of you who have not understood the "I am in a relationship with Gladys" joke : that is the name of my purple sofa/bed I have had since February. One of the 5 models was indeed named Gladys.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 16-11-2015 18:56
Just don't have the time and the words today. I cancelled many, many plans since I heard the news on Saturday (November 14), early in the morning - I even lost my appetite. I live in Lyon, and last time I went to Paris was on September 15/16, 2007, for Martin Solveig's concert.

I said I would give myself a blast, and had one when I woke up at 6:15pm. Roughly, 1 hour and half ago. At first, I wanted to write a message about "temporary bye-bye", or I wanted to know who were the noisy neighbours last night (between 9pm and 2am), but...

My maternal grandmother passed away this afternoon. She was the one who lived 2 floors downstairs, since September 1999 - my maternal grandfather died in August 1996. Renée and Georges, I'll never forget both of them. She couldn't walk anymore since 2011-2012 (2 stays in hospital), so she remained in her flat all the time. She would eat with my parents for lunch and they would bring her dinner.

My mum still hasn't decided for the funeral services. I hope I'll keep the newspaper in which the necrology will be published.

I need to cook some rice for dinner, and watch television for a while. Tomorrow will be such a hard day.
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 16-11-2015 18:59
I'm sorry for your loss, Céline.
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 16-11-2015 19:02
Very sorry for your loss.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 17-11-2015 04:02
Oh, Celine, I'm really sorry. I understand your message a bit better now. Virtual hug for you.
zjenn4
zjenn4 | 17-11-2015 04:10
Aw, Celine. Deaths are never a fun/pleasant experience, especially those close to us. I am sorry to hear you are having to go through this experience.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 17-11-2015 04:13
I am sorry to hear that. I was so sad when mine died as well and the last three grandparents seemed to die months of each other which made it even harder. I was shocked it happened, too. I am shocked about Paris, too.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 17-11-2015 04:16
As I woke up yesterday at 6:15pm or 6:30pm, my first thought was that one of my family members would have been killed on Friday night (November 13), because a few of them are Paris-based : only a chain of coincidences. I find it hard to speak.

Now it is 5am and as previously announced, I had some rice and watched television at 8pm. All about Paris attacks, I found out all I needed to know. Then, between 9:30pm and 10pm, I got close to my mum to talk to her, and took her hand.

She did not know why there were so many cars near a commercial centre on Wednesday afternoon (November 11), she thought it was all about suburban riots, so 2 days before... But I told her something like the "Spectre" première in cinemas that day.

I have listened to Les Nocturnes and what can I say? That is my ceasefire : such a dreamy musical programme tonight. I would have liked contemplating/meditating from 11pm till 2am, but I did not.
Got my black clothes on, I am going to meditate again.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 20-11-2015 16:17
Friday afternoon : I am back from the funeral and already missing my grandmother Renée. After having spent too few hours to sleep, I woke up at 11:15am, then had lunch with my family. We were exactly 12 at the same table : my 2 cousins, my uncle and aunt, and my aunt's sister (from my mother's side), my uncle and 2 aunts (from my father's side), my parents, my mum's goddaughter and me. I insisted to sit down right in front of my mother, in the middle. I had some salad with lemon-flavoured olive oil, then a nice choice of desserts, i.e. chocolate mousse, half chocolate éclair, banana and a slice of apple pie. Too bad I had no chips/French fries this time, but ended with a cup of red fruit tea, my favourite so far.

At 1:30pm, we all (except my parents who left earlier) decided to leave for a nearby funerarium, located in Écully. We were at least 20 people present, including my mum's friends, neighbours and nurses. Unlike my grandfather's funeral, my mother and uncle had not opted for a religious ceremony. I had to remove my sunglasses as I had to assist Julien and Charlotte, my cousins, in the middle of the ceremony : I kept one of the small candles, a red one, as a souvenir. I did not have enough words to write a message.

Just before 3pm, we were fewer people, 7 of us, to leave for Cusset Cemetery in Villeurbanne. The same place where my great-aunt, Andrée, and my maternal grandfather, Georges, had both been buried. 45 minutes later, we all ended hugging each other. The rain came just after the ceremony, around 4pm, while driving back home.

Right now, it is 5:15pm, I am finishing another cup of tea. I decided not to listen to the radio on this sad day. Fully mourning since Monday night (November 16) and still wearing my black clothes. My life definitely took another turning.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 19-01-2016 07:17
Mourning again. Oh dear, that's too much. My father got a phone call about one hour ago. I lost my paternal grandmother today, only 2 months after my maternal one. She had Alzheimer's disease for years and the last time I saw her was around 10 years ago.

Gonna have to wash my black scarf and shirt.

By losing loved ones and some of my idols in a short amount of time, that's just not easy turning 30.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 19-01-2016 07:43
Big virtual hug, Celine. That's really tough and I'm sorry. One of my grandparents had Alzheimer's and deteriorated until they lost their life, too. I hope you and your family are able to support each other well during this sad time.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 19-01-2016 23:15
I think 2016 is going to be claiming many good souls. It only just started too. Big hug for you Céline.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 21-01-2016 03:39
Big hug, Céline. It's hard to lose your grandparents
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 24-01-2016 00:35
Got the wrong kind of newspaper. They promised me (and I thought) I had yesterday's one, now I have to wait for some hours to get this. Some hours! And I don't want any photocopy of "the most interesting" page.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 04-02-2016 00:53
Not many news tonight. Last week was filled with Mandarin, Cantonese, Jason Donovan, yippee, "I won't forget you" and a guest singer on my favourite musical radio show.

I remember my first steps as an artist mod : in January 2005, I was 19 years old and added songs and albums, and modded artists one by one. I remember having added Tears' En Rouge (Swiss girlsband), only to notice 4 months later that the band name had been changed to The Tears (Anderson and Butler's duet). Some 9 years later, a solution has been found to repair this error.

Yesterday at 8:15pm, I was watching television when I heard a big broken glass noise. I got out of the sofa and saw the tablecloth and a broken glass (full but not even mine) under the table. Sure, one of my cats did that, and one of my former ones did that too! Not Excel, but Hermine : recently, I have seen her sharpening her claws under the table! I saw her hiding under the sofa after the glass broke.

These days, I tend to go to bed after 9am and wake up just before the news at 7:30pm.

I'm fascinated by foreign languages, ha-ha. I can't speak German, but I understand it a little.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 04-02-2016 02:09
Which radio station do you listen to, Céline?
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 04-02-2016 02:13
Scott : either Jazz Radio or Impact FM in the afternoon and RTL at night.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 04-02-2016 02:14
Where can I find them online?
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 04-02-2016 02:19
Answered you by PM.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 12-02-2016 01:44
Feels like my night is ruined. All because of this video, and I'm sure the song doesn't correspond the title. It's like putting a wrong label to a cassette or putting a 7-inch in a sleeve from another 7-inch by another artist. So I don't know if Jeff's answer should be considered as the correct one. Correct me, please! Again!

I won't make any advertisement but since last week, I'm working on 3 different sites at the moment, not only LSI. Haven't updated my favourite artist/favourite songs list for days, since I've gotten lazy. These months, I've been surprised to notice that a few songs I've added were used as "today's featured song", wow!

I'm just petrified with boredom tonight, seems like my joy has gone. This morning, I'll have to phone a service since they had sent me a password that was listed as incorrect - I should have used the mobile system instead of the mail one (not e-mail since it is not possible).

My Heart Hurts!
Captain_Keeta
Captain_Keeta | 12-02-2016 01:45
Don't let a silly video upset you, Celine.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 12-02-2016 01:57
* offtopic :
Yeah, Jeff, since 'tis a fake.
roxcyn
roxcyn | 12-02-2016 06:11
Céline, ¡seas fuerte!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 08-03-2016 01:29
I wanted to wear white clothes last week, but I did not. My mum would like me to wear leggings but I do not, since I have heard a former model and fashion critic on the radio, saying they are ugly to wear.

Been busy last week, and here I start a new one. My voice seems low after a joyful weekend. Yesterday evening, I wanted to wake up nicely, but being told the TV was on while putting my clothes on was not a very nice idea. As usual, I sat down on the sofa at 8:10pm, but soon, I turned my head to the right, because one of the 2 loudspeakers put down on the floor caught my attention : something was not there on Sunday night. Turning back my eyes on the TV set, I asked my mum "what is that record player doing here?" and she only answered "we got it back, and the radio set you would like to use is below." Yeah, noticed that too.

I have not used that record player for 25 years and... That is my parents' old one. I do remember listening to the Beach Boys' Good Vibrations on it and get the same feeling every time I hear this song on the radio, see my review! A set of LPs was put on the cover of the same player, but I was not really interested. But one of my exes may be, yes. Was Le Cimetière Des Arlequins one of my parents' favourite LPs? I remember having seen it in their record collection. Before 1am, I went back to the living room and took a look at all the (mostly round) buttons. I still do not know how to use an equalizer but I find out which one is for 'radio or vinyl' and which one is for the volume. Unlike last week, I did not use the radio set that is below.

Wondered if my parents saw the YT suggestions since I have listened to some songs here last Thursday and last Friday - French 45s from the late 80's on a Russian record player, ha-ha. Kinda frustrating, that is why I deleted all the YT history tonight.

At night, I prefer using smaller radio sets and headphones, since I come and go from my bedroom to the kitchen, and get back with either a cup of tea or an apple. Now, more work is calling me.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 20-05-2016 17:28
Thanks to my favourite radio musical show, Les Nocturnes, that Friday 13th was one of the most marvellous I've had for a long time. That is the second time I win a contest, I'll never thank "el maestro" Georges enough. Today, only 2 months before my birthday, I opened the mail and found what I won last week. I have to take my time to watch the DVD, Melody Gardot's Live At The Olympia, but certainly not tonight - I let my parents watch their usual Friday night TV series, ha-ha.

Last week, I also decided to stop mourning and wear colourful clothes.

The record player and set of LPs have disappeared... My mum told me they could not find a cartridge replacement for a 40-year-old model, and my ex could not help for that either.

Yesterday, I got 2 new cups with my first name on it - too bad I did not choose them, at least I can drink tea with them.

All's went that went well.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: