en

Moderation Repetition

Follow 4
Add topic
Search
dudekrulz
dudekrulz | 17-11-2005 09:52
Now we got a little problem on LSI.

Alternative spellings of the same artist.
I just found this out with the artist 'Boxcar Racer' and Box Car Racer.

Also, you may use this thread to post spelling or grammar corrections to artist names.

* offtopic :
*If possible, transfer material to the correct artist name and leave "wrong" artist page blank/empty.
726 to 750 of 1,247 comments
page 30 of 50
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 05-03-2015 02:53
Change Victorious Cast to Victorious

Change Icarly Cast to iCarly

Change Needtobreathe to NEEDTOBREATHE
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 05-03-2015 06:59
A.R. Rahman (right)
A. R. Rahman (wrong)
Alinda
Alinda | 05-03-2015 09:03
Updated again. I made Soulja Boy as his first name and Soulja Boy Tell Em as his alias.

Good point. Yes, I've seen the movie and there are some songs on it (list of songs in movie here) so I guess it can stay, in that case

If there are no songs at all we can delete the movie...if there are songs, like in this case above then...it would be a good idea to add them.
So if someone wants to do that...Great!

Thanks to all and till next time!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-03-2015 11:31
Thank you Alinda

Change Victorious Cast to Victorious

Change Icarly Cast to iCarly

I'm not too sure why my submissions for TV shows Victorious and iCarly keep getting rejected. As I mentioned in the comments for my submissions, the songs on the soundtracks are performed by actual artists, and only a few select songs are credited to "Victorious Cast" or "iCarly Cast" (in fact, only one song from iCarly is credited to iCarly Cast). The majority of the songs on Victorious Cast are properly credited to Victoria Justice.

So we can just delete some of the misattributed songs on their archives and keep the ones that really are by the whole cast.

Victorious to Victorious Cast
Icarly to iCarly Cast
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-03-2015 11:36
Btw Alinda, you missed these two:

Move:
The Moon Lay Hidden to The Moon Lay Hidden Beneath A Cloud
Univerasl Voice to Universal Voice
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 05-03-2015 18:20
It is being rejected because it already exist. The 3 official soundtracks say the artist is 'Victoria Justice and Victorious Cast'. So, I do agree to changing the artist back to 'Victorious Cast' and adding Victoria Justice as featured artist on these songs. But I don't understand why creating a whole new account?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-03-2015 21:02
I was submitting a new page so I could submit the soundtracks for the TV shows. The iCarly soundtrack doesn't even have any songs by iCarly Cast on it, it features a wide array of artists on it, some of which aren't even part of the cast. Therefore it would not belong under iCarly Cast. As for Victorious Cast, besides the Victoria Justice songs there are also solo songs by Matt Bennett and Leon Thomas III (among others) that appear on the soundtrack, therefore they would be credited as themselves.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 05-03-2015 21:08
I forgot to update this. I took care of Victories. All artists are linked ok, except for some duplicates I need to look through. So it now just needs to be changed to 'Victories Cast'. If there is a soundtrack to iCarly, I can submit it later or you can submit it?
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-03-2015 21:19
I suggest you submit it, since I doubt it'll get through the public review since people kept downvoting it, thinking it was the same as iCarly Cast. Once you submit the TV show I'll work on the soundtrack.

Thank you for understanding. And yeah, there's some Victoria Justice duplicates of Victorious songs in her archive, so those should be sorted out.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 05-03-2015 21:34
Remove artist Liz Gillies

Please fix Soulja Boy extra spacing at end of name
Also in The Avener

Change Kendji (Girac) to Kendji Girac

And final,

Victorious back to Victorious Cast
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 05-03-2015 23:27
Move Univeral Voice to Universal Voice
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-03-2015 01:45
Wait, Sierra, like I said earlier, we can keep ICarly Cast. There's a song on the second soundtrack credited to the whole cast, "Coming Home", but the rest are individual artists.

So:

Move Icarly to iCarly Cast
Alinda
Alinda | 06-03-2015 11:11
Clarifying:

TV series should should be in our archive as follow:
- TV series name (type: tv show) for songs that were played or performed in the show, by any artist.
- TV series Cast (type: artist) for songs that are performed by the cast of the tv show.
When all the songs are performed by the cast of the show, there is no need to also add the tv show as a 'tv show'. The entry as an artist is enough. For example, all songs from Glee are only placed under Glee Cast, there is no Glee as a tv-show in our archive.
For Icarly and Victorious, the setup should be:
- Victorious Cast (artist). Since all songs are performed by the cast, there is no need to also create the entry for this series as a 'tv show'.
- iCarly Cast (artist). For songs that are performed by the entire cast.
- iCarly (tv show) where you can add all songs for any artist that are performed/played in the show.

Rest is also updated.

Thanks to Sierra en MCSMeister for taken detailed care of the music from the tv shows!
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-03-2015 23:19
Makes sense. I'll keep this in mind, thanks Alinda.

Move A Very Harold & Kumar 3d Christmas (2011) to A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas (2011) and delete A Very Harold & Kumar 3d Christmas (artist)
Olivia_Ka
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 06-03-2015 23:59
Delete Langston Hughes - he was a poet/novelist, not a musician, and released no songs
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 07-03-2015 01:31
Move Jojo Hermann to JoJo Hermann and deleted John Hermann
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 07-03-2015 01:41
Move Tracy Spencer to Spencer Tracy
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 07-03-2015 05:05
Move ¡forward, Russia! to ¡Forward, Russia!
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 07-03-2015 05:33
High School Musical [2006] (right)
High School Musical 2 [2007] (right)
High School Musical 3: Senior Year [2008] (right)
High School Musical (wrong)
* offtopic :
But the wrong one has a mod and 82 fans.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 07-03-2015 07:22
Rename Laam as Lââm.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 07-03-2015 07:46
Move Tracy Spencer to Spencer Tracy

Sorry Nicolas, there's already a singer named Tracy Spencer.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 07-03-2015 12:02
Rename Václav Neckáø as Václav Neckář.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: