en

Moderation Repetition

Follow 4
Add topic
Search
dudekrulz
dudekrulz | 17-11-2005 09:52
Now we got a little problem on LSI.

Alternative spellings of the same artist.
I just found this out with the artist 'Boxcar Racer' and Box Car Racer.

Also, you may use this thread to post spelling or grammar corrections to artist names.

* offtopic :
*If possible, transfer material to the correct artist name and leave "wrong" artist page blank/empty.
676 to 700 of 1,247 comments
page 28 of 50
Alinda
Alinda | 24-02-2015 13:40
Udated.
Only Band / The Band....does not seem to wanna coöperate with me now....strange....be back on that one....
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 24-02-2015 20:39
Yeah, I figured that one would be a hassle since there's so much content on both pages. Do let me know when you finish that one as well as Frankie Valli/Four Seasons.

Move:
Beta Band to The Beta Band
69 Eyes to The 69 Eyes
Great Kat to The Great Kat
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 24-02-2015 21:26
Is there a way to merge the two artists materials? Or just transfer everything at once? 70 songs is a lot to go through individually.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-02-2015 21:45
There should be. One for the LSI suggestions thread?
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-02-2015 21:46
I thought I sorted the Frankie Valli/Four Seasons for you. I transferred the songs that didn't exist on the correct page and assumed the others would just be deleted when the incorrect artist was.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 24-02-2015 21:55
I'm gonna work on Frankie Valli/Seasons, it's only 43 songs. I see just a few dups in there. You must have worked on it, because the albums look good.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-02-2015 22:01
I did nothing with the albums. Nicolas asked me to move the songs that were in the incorrect artist's archive, but weren't in the correct artist's archive, to the correct artist. I did that.

The reason I left the rest of the songs in the incorrect artist's archive is because there's no point in deleting them individually if they'll all be deleted in one go when Alinda (or whoever) deletes the incorrect artist entirely.

Unless an artist can't be deleted if there are songs in their archive?
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 24-02-2015 22:29
I went through it anyway, there were about 10 songs or so that I moved. The problem I think Alinda is having is all the albums are on one artist, and most (now all) of the songs on another. And yeah, the material all goes when you remove the artist, unless there is a way to mass transfer it. I'm guessing no, otherwise she'd of done it. Same with 'The Band'.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 24-02-2015 22:36
Anyway, an update on the situation for you, Alinda. Don't know if I've made it any easier. I did get some songs moved correctly though, so.

Frankie Valli (& Four Seasons) needs all albums moved to The Four Seasons and linked or all songs from 'The Four Seasons' can be moved to 'Frankie Valli (& Four Seasons) and albums linked.

Then empty artist removed of course, and remaining artist renamed to Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons

Thanks

Edit - please see next post by me
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 24-02-2015 22:37
There should be. One for the LSI suggestions thread?

Yeah, I definitely support that.

Sierra, while you're here, can you please tell me why you removed OMD from my post here a week or so ago, when I posted that they should be moved to Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, their proper name? I never got an answer.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 24-02-2015 22:43
I moved like sixty songs for them (felt that way anyway - Nicolas probably remembers how many it was). There shouldn't have been any others that weren't on the correct artist's page already, unless they were added to the incorrect artist's since (I used the "find" feature to double-check).

Never mind. Super Artist Moderators can move albums, can't they? I can do that; save Alinda that particular task.
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 24-02-2015 23:03
Same reason as CSS.

I swear there were like 70 albums there when I looked like an hour-ish ago. Now there's 21. I maybe confused it with 'The Band'... So, yeah, this is an easy fix. I already took care of the moves, so thanks though Joey.

When did you check those dups for him? Because most of the ones I removed today were added by Snap in October/November. So you probably checked them before that.

So, a final update!

Scratch my last request, please, and simply remove Frankie Valli (& Four Seasons), other artist is correct as is (The Four Seasons), although albums need linking, if anyone wants to jump in, or I can do it later or tomorrow.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 24-02-2015 23:08
Same reason as CSS.

I guess that makes sense. The thing I don't understand with CSS though, is that their official name (contrary to Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark) is their initialism, and they go by the initialism on all releases. So for that reason, why should we include the extended form of CSS? I doubt anyone is going to search for Cansei De Ser Sexy because their official name is CSS on all of their album covers. Whereas Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark went by that name on their releases, and because that name is long I can understand having OMD as a parenthesed addition to their name here. But CSS is referred to by only an initialism, so I don't understand why their elongated name should be here as well.
Joeyy
Joeyy | 25-02-2015 00:48
* offtopic :
I didn't delete any duplicates. I transferred songs that were missing from The Four Seasons' archive (at the request of Nicolas). (Transferred them from the archive of the incorrect artist.) I shouldn't have created any duplicates in doing this because I checked if they were in the archive first by using the keyboard/computer "find" function.

Sorry for the confusion. I've linked the albums to save my busy bee a bit of time.
Olivia_Ka
Olivia_Ka | 25-02-2015 20:24
De Palmas (right)
Gerald De Palmas (wrong)

Quarterflash (right)
Quaterflash (wrong)
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 25-02-2015 22:51
While I'm waiting for Sierra (or Alinda) to respond to my above post and clear that up:

Move:
B Rezell to B-Rezell
D.j. Rogers to D.J. Rogers
Al B. Sure to Al B. Sure!
Louvin Brothers to The Louvin Brothers
Lady of Rage to The Lady of Rage
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 25-02-2015 23:11
Move Wayne & The Mindbender Fontana to Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders
PinkFloyd
PinkFloyd | 25-02-2015 23:28
Yeah, I'm over this. Alinda answered your question a couple pages back. The artists needs to be found under both names apparently. I honestly don't understand the reasoning either, but just let it go please.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 26-02-2015 00:07
Strange. Yeah, it also confuses me considering there's plenty of abbreviation-only artists here that don't have their elongated name in parentheses, so I'm not too sure why CSS has to be the exception. Thank you for responding at least. Maybe later Alinda will provide more insight why they have to be the exception.

Del The Funky Homosapien (right)
Del Tha Funkee Homosapien (wrong)
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 26-02-2015 00:49
Move Sergio Mendes to Sérgio Mendes
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 26-02-2015 22:04
Move Main Ingredient to The Main Ingredient
Alinda
Alinda | 27-02-2015 15:22
We have again viewed some sources for CSS and on second thoughts we adjusted the name and made Cansei der Ser Sexy as their alias.

Is there a way to merge the two artists materials? Or just transfer everything at once? 70 songs is a lot to go through individually.

There is. I was under the assumption that the supermoderators and me could do that. But apparently it's not.
That means you did really lots of work Joeyy and Sierra!
A thank you for you guys. I'll buy you a drink if i could....
I am sorry to have figured that out only now....
In the future if these things have to be done, please let me know, i can do it at once. No problem.
Sometimes there is an 'error' in the system, like right now with The Band and Band...and it does not work for me also...then i pass it to Ray and he will look at it...

Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons is correct now.

Best to you all,
grtz Alinda
Alinda
Alinda | 27-02-2015 15:36
And the rest is updated also.
MCSMeister
MCSMeister | 27-02-2015 22:20
Thank you for changing CSS, Alinda. I thought I was the only one who thought that way, no one else seemed to understand what I meant.

You say you passed the Band/The Band issue to Ray? That's good to know. I'd imagine he'd be able to fix that situation.
Alinda
Alinda | 28-02-2015 10:53
Taken care of! Band does not exist anymore!
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: