LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

What is god complex? fob.

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
redpois0nurlips
redpois0nurlips | 06-11-2005 23:08
fall out boy- sugar were going down.... what is a loaded god complex??
1 to 25 of 53 comments
page 1 of 3
Kimberly
Kimberly | 06-11-2005 23:26
i thought it was loaded GUN complex, cock it and pull it. i think that makes more sense but thats just me.....
xMajinx
xMajinx | 06-11-2005 23:29
it probably is gun complex but for some reason everyone thinks it's god complex
LeLox
LeLox | 06-11-2005 23:32
I didn't get it either. I thought it's gun too but then the one who corrected the lyrics on Fall Out Boy's page said that it's god not gun like what everybody thinks!
XethanX
XethanX | 06-11-2005 23:32
I always thought it made more sense as gun.

I'll be your number one with a bullet
A loaded god complex, cock it and pull it

Pretty gun related if you ask me.
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 06-11-2005 23:34
a god complex is a big ego...a load god complex cock it and pull it we all know it's about jacking off.

so the god complex is an erect penis.
rawkerNoNagal
rawkerNoNagal | 06-11-2005 23:34
It doesn't make a lot of obvious sense, but the lyrics really are 'god complex'.
xoparisxo617
xoparisxo617 | 06-11-2005 23:34
In the CD booklet that has the lyrics, it does say "A loaded god complex, cock it and pull it". Gun would make more sense....
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 06-11-2005 23:34
the whole song is about masturbation
MisterKing
MisterKing | 06-11-2005 23:34
It's God complex.

And I think God complex is the kind of person who feels like like he/she rules everything, but I don't know if I'm right. Check the "Sugar, We're Going Down..." discussion.
MisterKing
MisterKing | 06-11-2005 23:35
Lou Lou! Explain it to me, I heard that somewhere but I don't find it a lot related to masturbation.
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 06-11-2005 23:36
I may have God complex.
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 06-11-2005 23:40
well for oen the guys said it in an interview that it's about jacking off

Am I more than you bargained for yet
I've been dying to tell you anything you want to hear
Cause that's just who I am this week
Lie in the grass, next to the mausoleum
I'm just a notch in your bedpost
But you're just a line in a song
(A notch in your bedpost, but you're just a line in a song)

That is about being with someone, but them only sleeping with you, and basically being used by them for just sex.

Drop a heart, break a name
We're always sleeping in, and sleeping for the wrong team

We're always going for the wrong people.

We're going down, down in an earlier round
And Sugar, we're going down swinging

Swinging=Jacking see the comparrisson

I'll be your number one with a bullet
A loaded god complex, cock it and pull it

Number one with a bullet guessing the bullet is cum
A loaded god complex is an ego, big ego ... big penis.... cock it and pull it... he's basically using a gun as a metaphor

Is this more than you bargained for yet
Oh don't mind me I'm watching you two from the closet
Wishing to be the friction in your jeans
Isn't it messed up how I'm just dying to be him
I'm just a notch in your bedpost
But you're just a line in a song
(Notch in your bedpost, but you're just a line in a song)

he;s watching them from a closet, whilst he's jerking off wishing he was giving it to her instead of him ....I really think their songs are so easy to udnerstand the meaning of that an idiot could understand it but yeah i'll elaborate for you.

redpois0nurlips
redpois0nurlips | 07-11-2005 01:11
ok twat that had to break down the whole song apperently you have no life and i defently didnt ask for you to break down the song just what god complex was sooo shut up.
Jellybones
Jellybones | 07-11-2005 06:03
ahahah. I'm agreeing with NightHobbit. Really, what song ISN'T about sex, drama, love, etc.
Tyrannical_King
Tyrannical_King | 07-11-2005 06:08
Ha this song really is about masterbation, and you're a silly fangirl if all you can come up with is somthing to the extent of: "this songs too good to be about masterbation"
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 07-11-2005 09:57
lol thanks for the insult idiot
rawkerNoNagal
rawkerNoNagal | 07-11-2005 23:25
Maybe you could even spell masturbation right! We know you indulge so often, you know.

m-a-s-t-u-r-b-a-t-i-o-n.
TheAcademyIs
TheAcademyIs | 10-12-2005 05:55
A god complex, is a rifle that is extremly powerful, a.k.a a gun, that u have to pull the top back(cock it) and pull (pull it) the trigger!!!
Allmylove
Allmylove | 27-12-2005 20:22
*sigh* you are all wrong...
i dont know if i want to waste my time explaining it because someone will end up insulting me and saying they are right anyways...

so yea, good luck wondering
Oinkes
Oinkes | 30-12-2005 02:36
if it's not a "god complex" then what does a "gun complex" have to do with anything like masturbation?
kylemo98
kylemo98 | 05-01-2006 22:18
you guys that think this song is about masturbation is pretty dumb to think that FOB would write about something so shallow
RachEduck
RachEduck | 06-01-2006 23:13
well its all kickin off here isnt it...Fight, Fight Fight
dag_102
dag_102 | 21-01-2006 00:38
This song (or any song for that matter) could be interpreted as you wish and want to believe. If you want this could fit as a song about baking pies ( ridiculous example but that's my point).

Now , If you want to see the song in the eyes of the composer/singer/performer , then you should know that FOB has declared that its about love , not in the cotton candy way other songs aboard it , but mostly in an obsessive stalker way. Watching from the closet , wishing to be the friction in your jeans (while she is doing something with other guy) , I think the storyline is about some guy who's slept once with her but then she just blew him off (we're always sleeping for the wrong team) etc.. find your own meaning if you want to but that was said on their site.
tikipoison23
tikipoison23 | 21-01-2006 01:34
mister king was right... it's god complex as in someone who always has to be in control. the 'number one with a bullet' is from AC/DC lyrics, so i'm assuming it alludes to them, and then they decided to just evolve it into a whole gun metaphor. there's no masturbation here... fob lyrics are too deep to be about that.
evilbananas
evilbananas | 27-01-2006 23:09
I agree with dag and tikipoison.
Alsooo...about the gun/God complex. If you go to F.O.B.'s myspace page ([url=http://www.myspace.com/falloutboy]) it says it's GOD complex.
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: