LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

What is god complex? fob.

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
redpois0nurlips
redpois0nurlips | 06-11-2005 23:08
fall out boy- sugar were going down.... what is a loaded god complex??
51 to 53 of 53 comments
page 3 of 3
Ahyouknow
Ahyouknow | 10-03-2016 05:14
Great song. Looking at the video and the lyrics together I think the song is about a gay guy that has sex with a girl for "fun" and ends up falling for her. The first verse shows his confusion. " Am I more than you bargained for yet...that's just who I am this week". "Sleeping in" is a metaphor for depression and "sleeping for the wrong team" means that he is back with a guy and she is with a different guy. Lie in the grass next to the mausoleum is a great line... I think it is a phisical place and a metaphorical one. Mausoleums hold death in his case it was the death of his self identity with being gay, because now he is falling for this girl. "Going down in an earlier round" means they already had their shot and they are not together, it didn't work. "Going down swinging" is a metaphor for sex. The second verse is easy to understand looking at the song in this context. He is watching her wanting to be the guy that is now touching and loving her. In the video he is made fun of because he is different than those around him.
Ahyouknow
Ahyouknow | 10-03-2016 05:15
Sorry not done typing on phone
Ahyouknow
Ahyouknow | 10-03-2016 05:24
so "number one with a bullet is a reference to music charts as songs move up fast they are marked with a bullet. This is a big FU to the label that told them that it was to wordy and loud. The "Loaded God complex line could mean a few things... It could mean how they feel about the song as a group; let it fly. It could mean the guy is jacking off cause he doesn't have his girl, it could also be a statement related to homophobics like the old guy in the video... Anyway thoughts, what say all you FOB fans?
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: