LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Evanescence or Within Temptation

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
CryinWater
CryinWater | 04-09-2005 09:27
I prefer Evanescence but i also like within temptation, what do you prefer?
51 to 74 of 74 comments
page 3 of 3
TheAnnoyance
TheAnnoyance | 23-12-2005 13:16
evenesance
dakondakblade
dakondakblade | 23-12-2005 13:24
This question is a no brianer.. sorta

Sharon and AMy both have awesoem voices

They both have a cd which I think is awesome to hell and back

Evanescence- Origin
Within Temptation- Mother Earth

But evanescence became far overplayed, whereas here in Crapptastic Ontario, few have heard of within temptation. So I'll have to say for non canadian Mainstream - Within Temptaion, and for MAinstream Evanescnece. Also the fact that Within Temptation has 4 cd's, and the styles are all different ( eg go listen to *the Dance*), show that they're willing to try new styles. Songs such as The other half of me and the dance or gatekeeper, all sound more like something you'd expect from the gathering or Nemesea than a band like Within Temptation. So WT gets my overall vote
jinxed101
jinxed101 | 23-12-2005 20:45
evanesence but only cause i've never heard of within temptation.
Lyrics_Lover_11
Lyrics_Lover_11 | 24-12-2005 01:07
I love them both.
Oinkpiggy
Oinkpiggy | 26-12-2005 05:24
havent heard the other ban so i will say Evanescence
Jay_The_Viking
Jay_The_Viking | 26-12-2005 05:27
Within Temptation
3eb
3eb | 26-12-2005 05:34
neither, Avenged Sevenfold
buckdich
buckdich | 26-12-2005 05:57
WITHIN TEMPTATION!!!!!
Its amazing, Most of you are all for Evanescence but half of you can't even spell their name correctly!!! Its evanescence with a c, not evanesense or evanescense... far out, its hilarious!!
tigerlilly_169
tigerlilly_169 | 26-12-2005 06:56
Evanescence
IceQueen134
IceQueen134 | 01-04-2006 10:05
Originally, if you had have asked me that half a year ago or more i would have said EVANESCENCE for sure...but now i am really really into WITHIN TEMPTATION, Evanescence, for now, is sort of being put aside for WITHIN TEMPTATION...maybe if EVANESCENCE will bring some new music out i will fall back in love with them...but at the moment... my vote is with WITHIN TEMPTATION.
(Its weird cos the whole reason i know WITHIN TEMPTATION is cos i downloaded a song called "restless" by "evanescence" but it was really by "Within Temptation.)
Brilliant mistake!!!
(I also LOVE Nightwish!!)
suddgummi
suddgummi | 03-04-2006 14:29
Evanescence
georgia_cy
georgia_cy | 03-04-2006 18:01
Evanescence
Jay_The_Viking
Jay_The_Viking | 03-04-2006 18:04
Hahaha, both Tim and I posted twice in here without realizing it because it's an older thread!
stephanie8414
stephanie8414 | 03-04-2006 23:40
Wow, this thread is old. I know I already picked Within Temptation over Evanescence. I like Nightwish better than both though. Why is it that there's always these bands being compared just because they both have female singers? Or you see people comparing Tarja Turunen, Cristina Scabbia, and Amy Lee.
6Dollie6
6Dollie6 | 03-04-2006 23:41
Totally Evanescence
hobbitgirl
hobbitgirl | 03-04-2006 23:57
I have 2 WT CDs and 2 Ev CDs...I used to be big into Ev awhile back, not so much anymore. Still listen to the first WT CD though, that thing was kick-arse. *nods*
manxxx
manxxx | 05-04-2006 07:48
Sharon den Adel's voice is much better than amy lee's.
roquegaL
roquegaL | 05-04-2006 08:04
both are equally good. if i really need to choose 1, it will be within temptation. no question ask.

Lights_Shadow
Lights_Shadow | 05-09-2007 01:33
Evanescence was the first band I actually got into, never being able to find a group that I could relate with or that I even liked... I live in the middle of no where and country was all I had to grow up with (which led to a total disdain for most country singers), until we moved closer to the larger towns and got a rock station- Evanescence had just become a hit and I immediately was captivated by their sound. I had finally found a group that I liked and related to. They were my first favorite.

Then I discovered Within Temptation! Within Temptation captured my heart from the moment I heard 'Stand My Ground' on a commercial and adopted it as a personal song. I love everything about them, most of all their music! I commend their enchanting sound and applaud their awe inspiring works. They quickly became my overall favorite with the album Silent Force, replacing Evanescence until their new album caught my attention.

It seems a contstant tug-of-war for my favorite band. I now believe I like Within Temptation more than Evanescence, but being the first band that I enjoyed will forever keep them high on my charts.

It would rock if Evanescence and Within Temptation would to a song together, just to have the two groups in one for once! All in all my wish for both groups is that they may forever continue to capture the hearts of the world!
andy_evanescenc
andy_evanescenc | 17-08-2009 21:57
evanescence
1they are going longer
2they have more grammy's
3wt started to take inspiration from evanescence
4evanescence are bigger
fishmunky
fishmunky | 17-08-2009 22:16
1they are going longer actually they've been around about the same length of time, 96 for evanescence, 97 for WT, not that longevity factors into how good an artist is at all, they've been groups who've been around since the 60s who have consistently sucked ass
2they have more grammy's And Celine Dion has more Grammy's than they do, does that make her a superior artist in your mind? the academy is a joke, most level headed musicians couldn't care less about a grammy
3wt started to take inspiration from evanescence I'm assuming you've listened to both bands right? Comparing their music is like comparing Hole to Arch Enemy, they both have female singers, and thats about where the similarities end
4evanescence are bigger popularity =/= better, this argument is ridiculous, if it were the case is coca cola ambrosia then? cause its the most popular brand of drink in the world, is titanic the best movie of all time cause it had the biggest box office run? Generally something is only more popular because it appeals to the lowest common denominator

for the record i don't really like either band, But Within Temptation's cover of Running up that hill is better than anything Amy Lee has spit out in the last 5+ years, so i guess if i had to chose it would be them

for the record, Epica slays them both
JDolla
JDolla | 18-08-2009 02:47
i'd take lacuna coil over them both if i had to decide between semigothic female-fronted bands
MagpieLawl
MagpieLawl | 01-09-2009 02:16
Evanescence hahhaa
ktres
ktres | 07-01-2017 08:41
eaasyyyyyy !!!!!!!....WITHIN TEMPTATION!!!!the best band for me....
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: