LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

I hate teen "punks"

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 20-07-2005 04:51
I was sitting here thinking about the things that I hate, and I couldn't think of anything more annoying than teen punks. Being a teen myself, I am forced to deal with these "rebels" every day during school. Why do I hate them? Well, for many reasons. Let me briefly point them out.

1. Their Attitudes. Seriously, you aren't unique if half the school is just like you. Punks claim to be unique individuals, but when half of a school looks and acts like you, you are not unique.

2. Their Hair. Rule number one to being a punk is stupid hair. Whether it is a mohawk, or dyed black, it must look dumb. Mohawks are the dumbest form of hair next to the mullet. It is a cry for attention. Why else would someone take the time and effort to style their hair in such a ridiculous fashion if not to create attention towards themselves? I thought punks were against the "preps" who use conditioning products such as hair gel.

3. Their Finger Nails - This is borderline goth, but I've seen a lot of punks with black fingernails. Other than signaling than you are a loser, black nails do absolutely nothing.

4. Their "Anarchist" Beliefs. Considering that most (and by most, I mean almost every single one) punks aren't too smart, their anarchist beliefs really do not matter. Most couldn't even tell you what anarchy really is. They just like to wear anarchy wristbands to fit in with the other punks. Nevermind the fact that they claim to be individuals, yet wear apparel such as anarchy wristbands to dress like others. Hypocrites. I've seen far too many kids with anarchy t-shirts and wristbands. If they were somewhat intelligent, they would understand that anarchy would never work. The whole concept is stupid and vomit inducing. We are better off with assholes like George Bush running a country than we are by having anarchy.

4. Their Musical Taste - Now, most punks like to cross over and listen to Emo, and the new genre "Screamo", which involved a high pitched man screaming about suicide and his hate for his father. A lot of so-called punks listen to sh*t like Simple Plan and Fallout Boy. They may only know a few songs, but they still consider themselves huge fans. The "real" punks listen to the Ramones, Sex Pistols,etc. However, although these bands did essentially create the musical genre known as punk, they still suck. They are lucky they created a genre, because musically they just aren't good. Punks are the reason why Simple Plan continues to make bad music.

5. Their clothing - Does anyone else understand how depressing it is to walk into a class and see 5 kids wearing Taking Back Sunday shirts, 2 Simple Plan shirts, and a group of girls trying to fit in by wearing Good Charlotte shirts? Oh, don't forget the kid wth the Mohawk wearing the Sex Pistols shirt. This amounts to roughly half of the class looking like complete dipsh*ts. They embarass the human race.

6. Their accesories. Nothing is more annoying than seeing punks with pins on their clothing. It's always a sweatshirt too. A black sweatshirt, with a Ramones cut out pinned onto the back. Or maybe it is a Hawthorne Heights logo pinned onto the front of an old black sweatshirt. Either way, it gets old. It is not unique anymore. Instead of wearing pins, just go out and buy a shirt that says what the pin says. Nevermind that last sentence, just buy a new wardrobe all together. Black shirts look stupid.

7. Their hate towards their parents. Punks always have to hate their parents. Boo hoo! My mom took my car keys!!! WAAAA!!! Guess what? Your mom bought you the car, and you deserve to have it taken away from you. An "extreme" punk near my locker this year was crying her eyes out for the reason above. She said she was going to kill her mom in her sleep. That's the problem with punks. They just can't respect their parents They brought you into the world, respect them. Without them, you are nothing. Big deal, they grounded you, go write some borefest poetry in a blog about them.

8 Their poetry. I relize that a lot of what I am saying crosses over into emos and goths, but bear with me. I always see these punk girls writing about how much their life sucks, and how they cut themselves. Blah, blah blah. Quit annoying me, and shut up or kill yourself. Seriously. I mean, these punks are always talking about how they want to kill themselves. Either do it or shut up about it, because it is annoying. The only reason people read their piss-por poetry is to laugh at it. I can't stand when people lie and tell thme they are good poets, fueling their desire to write more sh*tty poetry.

9. Their skateboarding. This one really bothers me. Every night last winter I went to the local YMCA to exercise and play sports with my friends. And guess what? Everytime I went, there were punks skateboarding all over the parking lot, distracting cars and making it impossible to maneuver around. Next year, I am going to run them over. I am going to cover my license plate and run them over the next time they refuse to move when the horn is honked.

10. Their Piercings. First off, I am not against all piercings. I think it is prefectly fine for a girl to pierce her ears. The navel and tongue is reserved for the sluttier girl, but it's still fine by me. What I can not understand is the guy piercings. Eyebrows, lips, noses. We know you crave attention, so stop piercing yourslef. You look like jackasses. Their is no real point to piercing ones body. Girls do it because it is the norm and can occasionally be sexy. Guys do it to be noticed and for attention.

Well, since this is the Complain Corner, i felt the need to vent about my hatred towards punks. This seems like the perfect place to do so. Please, post your comments and opinions. I am expecting a few "U suk FWb! Punks R Kewl" but I will survive through them.

Three times I saw a certain expletive ... but I'm not crushing your opinion, dear ... just try to respect the rules

~edited by your friendly moderator~
26 to 50 of 417 comments
page 2 of 17
hobbitgirl
hobbitgirl | 20-07-2005 05:22
that guy's eyebrows look like they were painted on.
downandout
downandout | 20-07-2005 05:24
I don't even want to try to think of what punk actually is let alone what it isn't.

FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 20-07-2005 05:25
aflackoh - I am not understanding you. You posted a slight mistake on my part. What was the point? Also, I already said that I think it is crap. That is my opinion...

aflackoh6
aflackoh6 | 20-07-2005 05:26
My opinion is that youre too opinionated and no one really cares about your opinion.

So on that, Im avoiding this until you piss me off again.
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 20-07-2005 05:28
well aflack, obviously you are wrong. People do care about my opinion or else they wouldn'tve responded to this thread...

..Now why don't you leave, you are only trying to stir things up here.
aflackoh6
aflackoh6 | 20-07-2005 05:29
MM..yeah. Pissed off.

Not trying to stir anything up....just pointing out that you've made countless threads about the same crap...its kinda...old.

People must not care for your opinion too much, because it seems like this 'crap' is still selling pretty well.
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 20-07-2005 05:32
Well, I am not trying to change the worlds opinion. Spiderman sold extremely well. Hanson sold well. 98 degrees sold well. Just because something sells doesn't make it great. It just means that they have been able to tap into the minds of 13 year old girls and/or morons.
Tyrannical_King
Tyrannical_King | 20-07-2005 05:37
This means your goal is to tap into the minds of 13 year old then? You are a sick man.
vandy
vandy | 20-07-2005 05:39
Just a question...not sarcastic, I swear...in your opinion, what *does* make something good? To be honest, I hear you talk a lot about what you think sucks and why...but what do you think is awesome, and why?
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 20-07-2005 05:39
King - Not me. It's people like the Backstreet Boys, Hanson, 98 Degrees, Spiderman, George Of the Jungle, etc.
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 20-07-2005 05:45
vandy - It's too hard to explain what I think is good...If you throw out a few topics, I can tell you what they are. Things I DO like:

Sheetz
Pork and Rice
Jello
Yogurt
Floats
Baseball
The Mets
My friends
Me
Oasis
Green Day
Bush (the band)
My family
Nirvana
Coldplay
Cool Aid
Mesh Shorts
School
A group of people on this site
Bologna
Internet
Maddox.xmission
Funny videos
online chatting
swimming
Pepperjack Cheese
Wendy's
Dick's Sporting Good's
Pudding Pie
Apple Pie
Peach Pie
Coll Whip
Tostitos Dip
Computers
Having fun

I relize that these are mainly foods, but I am hungry...And No, I am not fat, so a fat joke would be pointless at this time. These are likes off the top of my head. If you want to know why I like them, just ask me why I like a certain topic.
aflackoh6
aflackoh6 | 20-07-2005 05:46
Coldplay is so emo.
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 20-07-2005 05:46
Maybe they are, but I like their music.
Tyrannical_King
Tyrannical_King | 20-07-2005 05:48
To a point, they are. But they are far from the newest wave of emo bands that you see floating around 12 year old girls and depressed teens. Coldplay are far more sophisticated and, though the lyrics and mood are mushy, never cross that boundary of overdone (as most current emo bands do.)
XxNirvanaxX
XxNirvanaxX | 20-07-2005 05:48
Maddox.xmission
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 20-07-2005 05:50
Like someone above said, Coldplay is not a typical emo band. You don't see 13 year old girls with Coldplay t-shirts...

and yes, Maddox is amazing
biteXme_imXrad
biteXme_imXrad | 20-07-2005 05:51
k.

so.

you are deff confusing "punks" with "emo kids".

they are not the same.

they dont even get along.

punks hate emo kids.

and all the "punks" i know are freaking geniouses. they all get practically strait-a's

and im not making this up. i hang out with them.

so i think you should get your facts straight before hating on all people in your little messed up label that's not even right.

Chrisrocks53
Chrisrocks53 | 20-07-2005 05:51
Funny videos

What kind
biteXme_imXrad
biteXme_imXrad | 20-07-2005 05:54
oh
and Kool-Aid is spelt with a K. Not a C.

FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 20-07-2005 05:54
Chris - I don't know...like the ones on ebaumsworld and stuff.

I was wondering who the first newbie would be to barge in here and make a poorly written comment without reading my other posts...I already stated that I sometimes group punks and emos into one. That is because they are similiar. I am around these people 5 out of 7 days, I think I would know.
XxNirvanaxX
XxNirvanaxX | 20-07-2005 05:56
So punks strive to be individuals yet they all hate the same rival label?
FireWaterBurn
FireWaterBurn | 20-07-2005 05:56
What is with the Grammar police today? biteme - Your post looked like it was written by a 10 year old..Well, maybe it was, but still, why bring up my mistake? I am one of the better typers on this site, but I do make occasional grammatical errors. You had far more in your post.
Chrisrocks53
Chrisrocks53 | 20-07-2005 05:58
Back to the Goth/Punk in my class, my friends love calling her "Emo Baby" and she gets really annoyed. But the funny thing is that one of my friends doesnt no what Emo is but he still calls her it.
XxNirvanaxX
XxNirvanaxX | 20-07-2005 05:58
"geniouses" - They must not be rubbing off on you.
biteXme_imXrad
biteXme_imXrad | 20-07-2005 05:58
yes, becuase um, appearently having perfect grammer makes you superior to everyone else.

least i dont type "LiKe DisS"

then i would have to shoot myself.

and if you type like that, then you should really stop becuase its horribly annoying
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: