LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

How to Find a Song Name From a Few Lyrics

Follow 7
Add topic
Search
danastasia
danastasia | 13-06-2005 18:34
Whenever someone makes a thread looking for something, whenever I reply, it's because I've used Google to find it - I have the musical knowledge of a frogspawn. So, I thought I'd share how I get it to work. If you're not getting any replies with your thread, or before you even make a thread, try this:

**How to Find a Song Name from a few Lyrics**
Say you heard a song, and you can remember the lyrics, "I get knocked down, but I get up again" and you want to know the name.

1. Go to Google.

2. Type lyrics followed by the snippet of lyrics you know. If you're unsure if it's but or when or if, it doesn't matter, just leave it out.

So, you'll have entered:
lyrics i get knocked down i get up again

3. Press search!

9 times out of 10, the song will jump out at you...you'll get a preview of the rest of the lyrics which might jog your memory. If it's covered by more than one artist, a little research will find out who it is for you.

I find that with 'lyrics' at the start, you are far far far more likely to find the song. If you still have no luck, try with slight variations of what you can remember - Is it knocked down, or blocked down? If that still doesn't work, just remove the words you're unsure of altogether.

When you're using this method, it's key words like people or place names, unusual phrases or what you think are key parts to the song that will help you find what you're looking for.

Hope this helps.
151 to 175 of 231 comments
page 7 of 10
grospants
grospants | 29-02-2008 04:51
i need to find the name of the song that goes...

this feels just like a dream, i wanna hear you scream, just fuck me harder,
because i am coming

please please please!!!! i'm kinda desperate!!! its a bad ass trance song!
srky69
srky69 | 02-03-2008 22:47
hy eweryone!
can somebody help me with this lyrics:
"it stop your heart pulse...... she's mystic...sweet...." i think it goes something like that!
please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
llcm
llcm | 03-03-2008 07:38
thanks
thats a hell easy way to find songs
Felet
Felet | 24-03-2008 20:30
I have searched both google and letssing it, but Iv'e gotten no where.
The lyrics goes: "we're all going to (can't her the words) +"having a good time"

The style is rock, some kind of metal I guess. After the refrain I believe they sing: na na na nanana kinda slowly. Anyone who recognizes any of this?

Bare in mind that its more then three years since I last heard this song.
tgsandgrlcfrm32
tgsandgrlcfrm32 | 08-05-2008 23:57
does anyone know a Fall Of Troy song that goes:
"you know this is your blood not mine"

"am i dreaming or is this real life"

"let go i know your mine"
SamBecks
SamBecks | 16-12-2008 13:18
can someone help me please? ive been trying to find this song and im postive i kno it but i cant find it anywhere and searchin the lyrics on google and evrything isnt working cos the song isnt coming up. i kno bits n pieces... ::
everythings lost everythings gone n im all alone cover the sky cover the world in a blanket of snow everything red everything dead never turned out right.......... (cnt remember this bit) and i'm dead to the night and i said i'm never gonna forget you..
thats the lyrics i can remember might be rong...

pls n thank you:]
mmppyoyo
mmppyoyo | 25-04-2009 18:25
i'm srry but i didnt work mayb i tried iut wrong
mmppyoyo
mmppyoyo | 25-04-2009 18:39
yahoo answers has it all
mirna7
mirna7 | 04-05-2009 20:46
can someone help me to kow this song i tried everything
lyrics:do we die like a flower out of season...july waiting till the summer sun....................when every body else has gone you and will remain
Milliye
Milliye | 01-06-2009 15:47
tgsandgrlcfrm32: The Fall Of Troy - Chapter II: A Strange Conversation
ppl123
ppl123 | 29-07-2009 03:58
could you guys help me? i've had this song stuck in my head for like a week, i think i heard it in a movie...
all i can remember is take me away..
its like pop-rock
yaktownman
yaktownman | 28-08-2009 15:16
im looking for the song by kid rock and ? that has the lyrics: the lakers got beat by the fucking pistons.
HaleyyBeebee
HaleyyBeebee | 11-09-2009 15:37
OMG THANK YOU THANK YOU!! IT WAS DRIVING ME CRAZY TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THIS SONG NAME!
Candy2
Candy2 | 22-09-2009 18:10
Does anyone know what song includes the lyrics "and I said go", "If you want me to I want you to" and "you were right there next to me" because I always here it on the radio, but I've never heard what it's called or who sings it.
Fukuda
Fukuda | 20-10-2009 12:49
Hi everyone,
Well now I've tried google, various full text search engines for lyrics and nothing so here goes. There was a song at the end of episode 4 of Flashpoint (Custody). It aired in Canada on Friday.
The first lines went (and I've searched on all of these)
You get lost in pursuit of glory
find ourselves locked in denial
ego has no intermission
when it headlines every night
Those mistakes you made (or make)
will make you half a man
There's weakness where there's pride

If anyone has a clue it would be helpful.

/F.
Casey1990
Casey1990 | 28-10-2009 09:58
wow i would have never figured out that song if i hadnt seen this, i was pretty much typing in every girl artist that i could think of, i just kinda figured that if this site couldnt find the song then google wouldnt be able to either! Thank You
playboymansion6
playboymansion6 | 05-01-2010 06:16
I've googled,youtubed and every single other posibble way but can't find the song anywhere!!!!

I've been trying to find out who sings this song and the song name it's in english n spanish i think it's kinda like a dance song at the begining it's has a guy rapper singing and the rest of the song it's a lady....Some of the lyrics *and the ones that i can understand/make out are*: oh snap snap ah ah snap snap yeah tosita, work your body work your body w-w-w-work your body... Make your move and____ you can meet us in this spot... START OF CHORUS: Shake your booty to the ground... make it pop and put em down.... here's something that you'll find this ain't some high school $h!t... I have the song on my phone and i have tried every possible way to find who sings it but i can't think of anything else. If you can help then please do so Thankz
I heard the song about 3 years ago....if there is a web site im able to put it on by sending it from my phone, and it has been recoring from the radio... If any1 know's lt me know so i can post it on there and it would be easier for you guy's to help me out... Thanx heaps
Juliet86
Juliet86 | 21-01-2010 00:18
* offtopic :
Heroe. That wasn't so hard. But I can't guarantee they're correct.
MOJM
MOJM | 17-02-2010 04:46
Thanks for the great tip! I found "South Side" by Moby, just from typing "riding up to the northside with my friends" (which aren't even quite the right words) and found it. I had been puzzling over this for quite a while! Thanks again
dlsg
dlsg | 04-03-2010 10:01
I'm looking for a song with the lyrics "you got a style so cool about you, day for the night, will you be my girl, can you picture it baby, will you be my lady"

It's not Jet or an oldie. It's kind of a poppy alternative-ish song. Thank you so much in advance.

dlsg
dlsg | 04-03-2010 10:29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVR-URgidfI

Anyone know the song that begins around 7:58?
laylaymama
laylaymama | 08-05-2010 08:15
Please help me =(
the song im looking for is new off hot 101 ... anf the bounce plays it too
some words in it is '' winding on the dance floor ''
that's really all i know ,it's sang bye a man ,and to me they sound spanish ...
anybody have an idea ?
Acqua
Acqua | 10-05-2010 03:46
Hiii! I've been trying to find this song for months with no luck! I only remember a few parts of the song:" you smile is speaking..." "..since the day" It sounds like john mayer but im not really sure, I think I misheard the lyrics.. Please help!
starbuckslover
starbuckslover | 10-05-2010 10:08
* offtopic :
GOSH! Thanks!
alwaysadreamer
alwaysadreamer | 24-06-2010 05:35
weell...
I couldn't find a song...
the lyrics are (and i'm 100% sure they are) "Always a dreamer but someday I'll be the dream".....
anyone know? email me: pink.v.ness@gmail.com
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: