LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

How to Find a Song Name From a Few Lyrics

Follow 7
Add topic
Search
danastasia
danastasia | 13-06-2005 18:34
Whenever someone makes a thread looking for something, whenever I reply, it's because I've used Google to find it - I have the musical knowledge of a frogspawn. So, I thought I'd share how I get it to work. If you're not getting any replies with your thread, or before you even make a thread, try this:

**How to Find a Song Name from a few Lyrics**
Say you heard a song, and you can remember the lyrics, "I get knocked down, but I get up again" and you want to know the name.

1. Go to Google.

2. Type lyrics followed by the snippet of lyrics you know. If you're unsure if it's but or when or if, it doesn't matter, just leave it out.

So, you'll have entered:
lyrics i get knocked down i get up again

3. Press search!

9 times out of 10, the song will jump out at you...you'll get a preview of the rest of the lyrics which might jog your memory. If it's covered by more than one artist, a little research will find out who it is for you.

I find that with 'lyrics' at the start, you are far far far more likely to find the song. If you still have no luck, try with slight variations of what you can remember - Is it knocked down, or blocked down? If that still doesn't work, just remove the words you're unsure of altogether.

When you're using this method, it's key words like people or place names, unusual phrases or what you think are key parts to the song that will help you find what you're looking for.

Hope this helps.
101 to 125 of 231 comments
page 5 of 10
kaileygurl
kaileygurl | 20-09-2006 18:10
I tried the whole google thing but it didn't quite work for me! If anyone can help me find this song, i'd be so grateful! The lyrics that i think i know are... "Please tell, me we're(it's) alright, it's not the end of our ride" And unfortunately thats about it. The song is relatively new and fresh. Help! Please!
kaileygurl
kaileygurl | 20-09-2006 18:23
[offtopic]

orangez I think that the song is Natural Blues
hope i helped!
johnny_knoxvill
johnny_knoxvill | 02-10-2006 09:25
Hey! I'm wondering if you can tell me the name of this particular song I really wanna download:
"I'm a man (don't know this bit)......don't matter if you can't dance, just make that ass bounce......shake what you gotta give..." its a funky house song played in popular clubs around melbs. PLeas let me know asap!!! XOXO
johnny_knoxvill
johnny_knoxvill | 02-10-2006 09:38
Hey! Anyone who knows the name of the trance/techno song, (it goes):
"Dance with me.......dance on cocaine, LSD, ecstasy" then the beat goes off! Just wondring if any1 knows the actual name of it? Thanks!
Panxo
Panxo | 03-10-2006 09:05
Hey Guys!
I've been looking for a song allover the net and it doesn't seem to exist now! Neither Google nor Amazon now about it, and it should be so well-known!
Anyway, the song is the opening theme for the movie Cruel Intentions 3. I believe this movie didn't realease it's soundtrack album, cause it's nowhere around the web. I managed to write down some lyrics from the beginning:

[lyrics=]Cover me with poison
So I can't see this life that's leaving me
Promises that (sth) spoken
All painted on this walls and my hands are (sth)
From holding on this world you want from me

So farewell and goodnight
(sth)
We are titans, we are heroes
(...)

It's a pretty long extract and somehow Google (it's Google gor God's sake!) doesn't know about it. If anyone knows the title I could try to download it, sure someone over the globe has it.
Thanks in advance!
Panxo
Panxo | 04-10-2006 07:13
¡¡¡I FOUND IT!!!
It's not in Google, it's not in Amazon, it's not in any P2P software...

The opening theme for Cruel Intentions 3 is the song "Broken", from barely known artist, Dalton Grant, who's the author and performer of several songs for the movie. There's a sample clip for that song and others of his in his website www.daltongrant.com and one full song, "Smile".

¡He's a genius!
Enjoy.

KatStratford
KatStratford | 04-10-2006 14:37
Can someone help me with the lyrics of song "Sing It Out" by "Hope of the States"? thanks
W0ow_
W0ow_ | 04-10-2006 17:16
Can't find any lyrics of Yellowcard or Gob. I have found it here before, but now they're just gone. Can someone help me?
natatat
natatat | 21-10-2006 22:11
Anyone know the song in the car commercial where a guy is driving and all of a sudden a dog, wife and kid pop up in the seats?? Sounds like some of the lyrics are "it feels so . . . "
shinra_elite
shinra_elite | 25-10-2006 15:05
Well, this one's been bugging me for weeks now. It's a dance song I heard on the radio, female voice. There aren't many different lyrics, the only ones I could make out were

"In my love, *i think the next bit is* like i never felt this love was true, baby

In my love, wooooooo oooooh,

In my love, *etc etc etc*

All my friends know the sound of it, but not the name. Any help would be incredibly appreciated!
Allykat801
Allykat801 | 26-10-2006 07:29
I am looking for the song title and band name for the following few lyrics. It is a 90's song.

*the kids came home*
*their parents started walking*

Or something to that effect. This is DRIVING me crazy. Thanks.
mmaayy2
mmaayy2 | 28-10-2006 22:48
hello
im searching for a song
that his vidao divided to 3 part's
face , budy . feet.
i think that blink 182 are singing the song.please help
RachelJ31
RachelJ31 | 03-11-2006 23:27
Ive tried this, Im normally good at finding any song I want. Because the only lyrics I know to this song are "dont try to hide" may be the reason why I am having no luck .... it has to be a fairly new song. The voice sounds a lot like Tina Turners ... any help would be appreciated.
poliNasheeva
poliNasheeva | 06-11-2006 09:36
cool!!!i got wt i was lukn 4!!!thanx!!!
jilke
jilke | 06-11-2006 12:01
Hey there
I heard a beautiful song but i don't know the name of it.
If anyone can help me.
A few words of the song are:

2000 words 2000 lies .... and all my friends feel just like i do, and all my friends are sad

xxx
emptypromises
emptypromises | 06-11-2006 22:55
I CANNOT find these songs and it's making me so mad! I ripped a cd of my friends onto my computer but I don't know the songs (and she just found it on the ground, so we don't know all the names of the songs, so I've been looking them up on google, but there's a few I really like and can't figure them out).

The first one goes :

I love the way you rub my body baby, I love the way you rub my body down, I like the freak things that you do to me, Don't you like it when I make that sound

The second one goes :

Nasty girl, That's exactly what I am, Take you there because I can

Anybody know what they are?
Shoryzo
Shoryzo | 09-11-2006 14:38
i want to find a song that has the folowing lyrics : "all i needed was to love you girl/all i needed was to love again/all i ever need is you/....pana pana panananam...panananam...../"

thanks
Shoryzo
Shoryzo | 09-11-2006 14:38
i want to find a song that has the folowing lyrics : "all i needed was to love you girl/all i needed was to love again/all i ever need is you/....pana pana panananam...panananam...../"

thanks
KellBell33
KellBell33 | 27-11-2006 03:20
I cannot find this one rap song..i hear it at random parties and i have no idea who it is by or what the title is. i do know its all guys in the song though...the only word i can make out is "DJ" and its like they kinda yell dj. the chorus is really fast and hard to understand..its sounds almost like "licka licka lick licka licka lick" haha i dont know. but the song itself is also pretty fast and great to dance to...can anybody help??!!
italiana19
italiana19 | 12-12-2006 05:55
thx so much..after couple of months i found it cuz i put lyrics in front thxx
babyfce1981
babyfce1981 | 15-12-2006 04:43
I have used all the tips everyone has been kind enough to list...and its a dead end for me.
it's an upbeat song, sung by a woman, with a very distinct voice, almost indie sounding..

the only lyrics i can catch are 'oooh oh i just wanna get down for you oooh oh i just wanna be close to you..."

i am itching for this song....
Ziadazar
Ziadazar | 16-12-2006 18:31
PLEASE HELP
tried all search engines..
Song by fatman scoop feat. "someone" :S
"God bless Rock n Roll...(donno)..jim morrison he said tonight you will be seated by jimmi hendrix...(i think "watching the king") perform"
sorry..i know its messy..please help
much appreciated
usmcwifey
usmcwifey | 28-12-2006 02:43
I will always love you. Take the me out of you. A lot people gonna be disappointed when they find out I love you and I need you. 'Til my heart stops beating ...

Those are the lyrics and i did what you told me too and it is the very first response i get but when i click to go to the page it has an error in it?? This song is a rock song....please help i love this song and cant figure it out!!! Please email me with the name or singer if you can get it at staceybug85@gmail.com

Stacey
MichaelJay
MichaelJay | 10-02-2007 14:05
I'm looking for the song name and the artist that sings the song. The lyric goes like this: "Oh I wish I was a punkrocker with flowers in my head,....revolution was in the air. I was born too late to a world who doesn't care, oh I wish I was a punkrocker with flowers in my hair"
It's a new song. It has been playing for some times so I wonder.
evajz
evajz | 14-02-2007 11:40
thenks man it really worked[picture=][/picture]
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: