LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

The 'N' word, does it offend?

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
LSI
LSI | 20-03-2005 21:39
I Dont know if i would be insulted i think i would.

* offtopic :
P.S. Sorry for using the word Nigga
1 to 25 of 31 comments
page 1 of 2
biteme13
biteme13 | 20-03-2005 21:40
Depends.

If siad in an offensive way, a way to degrade, then yeah, I would be offended

I'm not black though, so I cant really be sure.
DirtyBlueAngel
DirtyBlueAngel | 20-03-2005 21:41
The amount that word is used in rap songs nowadays... it desensitises it.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 20-03-2005 21:45
wow...is this even remotely appropriate?
ice_white_tiger
ice_white_tiger | 20-03-2005 21:48
I just cant believe nobody's thought of the name LSI until now...
biteme13
biteme13 | 20-03-2005 21:49
I dont fight the system. I AM the system.
biteme13
biteme13 | 20-03-2005 21:51
The name got changed. How lovely.
Renae_Avery
Renae_Avery | 20-03-2005 21:53
yea i'm not black, so idk if it would offend me or not. and i'm actually kinda glad the name got changed.
fishmunky
fishmunky | 20-03-2005 21:54
The name got changed. How lovely

to be fair it is a curse word, just like any one who used any curse word...it would be edited

they bleep it on album covers and music vids, fair enough?
the_Apocalypse
the_Apocalypse | 20-03-2005 21:54
The 'N' word being...?

Normal? Nudist? Nosey? Norwegian?
DUFSEN
DUFSEN | 20-03-2005 21:56
woohoo norwegian
Playmate01
Playmate01 | 20-03-2005 21:57
Well i think its alrite when your not around other people as such. My friends dont get upset if i say it around them. They laugh along. But I was singing a song with the n word and we pulled up next to a bus with a guy of dark skin description driving the bus. I quickly changed the song.
singingsweetie
singingsweetie | 20-03-2005 22:05
Linkage

I've never done a url on this thing before so that very well may not work. But in any case, assuming it does work, that's an article I happened to read in class, but I also saw the SNL clip they're referring to on some old reruns. It's rather interesting if you read it.

Anyway, does the term "nigger" offend me personally? Well there is no doubt it's an offensive word, but were I to be called it would I be angry? I used to be, yes, but now it's just another word. I guess I kind of have a sticks and stones attitude, anyone sad enough to have to use a racial slur to insult me isn't worth my anger.
MisterKing
MisterKing | 21-03-2005 00:24
oh the N word? for newbies? i don't think they get offended
Chahoso
Chahoso | 21-03-2005 00:41
being white it doesnt offend me and i dont use it

(my next statement is not meant to be taken in a racial way, just an observation)

I've noticed that most black people are only offended when called the N-word by someone of a different race, but not when another black person uses it.

i dont understand this, i'm not offended if someone calls me a caucasian. I dont know any Asian people who are offended if you call them asian. It is just a name for the race, it gets too confusing calling people african, or african american because they may not be african at all, but jamacain, or from haiti (sp?) once again i do not mean to come off as a racist here because i am not one. i have friends who are of different races. im just saying that even tho it may offend some people, i dont think it should.
Morbidman
Morbidman | 21-03-2005 01:57
when u call some one asian they dont get offended by it because its not a racial slur it is simply a way to lable some one whos ancestors come form asia if u called them an asian racial slur then they might get offended and im am half black i dont let people bug me i dont care what they say and when any race calls one of theyre own a racial slur its usally a joke and they dont get offended because hey who does it hurt he cant be trying to put me down hes just like me so to sum it up when u call some one a racial slur to try to put them down or make ur self seem supirior its gonna offend some one kinda like if i called u stupid or a loser
mikey_boy
mikey_boy | 21-03-2005 02:01
i find it offensive no matter who uses it, black or white. i have white friends who are racist and the only word they use to mean a black person is the N word. and i have gangster black friends who call each other it as well as me since im close with them. i've been given permission by some of them that if i did want to say it around them they wouldnt beat me up like they would other white guys who say it. regardless of that i still never use it nor like it used in my presence just due to the history of the word.
helpme24get
helpme24get | 21-03-2005 02:02
I think it's highly offensive even though I'm white. I mean, it's ok if like a black person says it because he's black, but if a white person calls someone that then it's offensive. But that's just my point of view I guess....
rAsTa_GaNjA
rAsTa_GaNjA | 21-03-2005 04:12
Just don't say it if u ain't black u might get jumped and u don't want that!!!!

My advice!!!
abrokendresden
abrokendresden | 21-03-2005 04:34
i dont think it should be used by ANYONE for any reason simply because of the connotation. i wouldnt wanna be called a honky or a spick or a chinc, so why call someone that? it shouldnt be socially acceptable to call someone a slur just because you are the same race. my girlfriend is black and she only finds it offensive if someone acutally means it, not when people are just playing around. but i still think it is always inappropiate.
rcs
rcs | 21-03-2005 14:30
It does offend. People mainly use it in an offensive context. I'm not a 'n-word'. I'm not 'black', either.
NightHobbit
NightHobbit | 21-03-2005 14:32
'course you know you can get arressted for using it
GangstaTears
GangstaTears | 21-03-2005 14:38
I'm black and I'm not trying to be black; but I do find the word o be offensive when non-black people use it.

80 percenrt of my friends are black and they always use that word amongest themselves, and I don't find it offensive. Nor do I find it offensive when someone sings along to a song with that word in it.

That would be like white/blacc people calling Mexican's wetbacks. I joke with my Mexican friends and call them wetbacks all the time, but becasue I'm Mexican also. If a non-Mexican called me a wetback, I'd go off on him/her and probably kick they @ss.

And this here is my 2 cents on this topic.

HOLLA
GangstaTears
GangstaTears | 21-03-2005 14:40
opps the first sentecne is uspposed to say I'm not black and I'm not trying to be black
rcs
rcs | 21-03-2005 14:50
Generally it's like that: if you aren't negro, you can't call someone by the n-word, unless you want a kick-a$$.

* offtopic :
Would I get points for that?
Pandora
Pandora | 21-03-2005 15:03
It only offends those who let it offend them. I got in a huge debate on another forum about this.. and it was just crazy..

If a black person wants to get offended by someone calling them a negro then they will.. whether it's another black, a white person, or anyone other coloured person.

If a white person wants to get offened by someone calling them a 'cracker' then they will..

It's all how the person feels about themselves and the person that is calling them the name. I can call carole a whore, and her not hate me.. but if I called 'neta' a whore she would take total offense.. just because of the people that they are.. and how they take comments..

It's just different with every person, I myself, do not use the world, because being offensive or not.. I think it's just lack of respect.. I don't 'enjoy name calling' it's childish to me.

rockon
tabitha
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: