LetsSingIt the internet lyrics database
en

Reach for the stars (poem/short story)

Follow 0
Add topic
Search
mannolewen
mannolewen | 20-02-2005 03:35
Awoken by the sound of silence. I search the darkness for a creature of a night. Nothing is there. Nothing is moving. Nothing is breathing. The common feeling of being alone fills my veins. Again I lay searching my ceiling for the stars. The colour is right but there are no stars. Only a small crack in the corner. Hiding under the covers I drift back asleep.

Again, awoken by silence. I check the window, hoping for a familiar face. Nothing is there. Nothing is moving. Something is breathing. The common feeling of being insignificant returns. Again I search the world for a star. The colour is right and they are there. ALthough they look small the are large, just like me. Hiding behind a window without curtains I drift to an unknown world.

Again, awoken by silence. I move from the window and search the halls for a loving figure. Nothing is there. Nothing is moving. There is definate sound of breathing. The common feeling of being surrounded circles me. Again I search my place of existance for a star. Not the right colour but the stars are much bigger. Hiding in an open hallway I sneak away from attention.

Again, awoken by silence. I creep into a well known room thinking of memories. Lots are there. Someone is moving. I can feel the breathing. The common feeling of suspence lurks under other covers. Again I sneak forward to find a star. Not the right colour but a true star uncovered. Hiding beside a bed I wait to be noticed.

Again, awoken by silence. I climb to a bed knowing the security. It is there. Someone is awake. Then notice my breathing. The common feeling of love in infront of my face. Again I pull the covers up to seek the star I know is there. Not the right colour but the star is beside me. Underneath covers I have found perfection.
12 comments
mannolewen
mannolewen | 20-02-2005 04:06
**creature of THE night, not creature of A night
Friend_Jones55
Friend_Jones55 | 20-02-2005 04:09
Thats awesome!

Keep it up!
mannolewen
mannolewen | 20-02-2005 04:15
thanks. I wrote it not even knowing what it was about and it just kinda stopped.....it was weird.
Friend_Jones55
Friend_Jones55 | 20-02-2005 04:17
I just like to read that over and over again

I say thats best peom I have ever read
mannolewen
mannolewen | 20-02-2005 04:19
wow, thats quite the compliment. Thank you very much.
Friend_Jones55
Friend_Jones55 | 20-02-2005 04:33
Your welcome

You have talent dont quit!
mannolewen
mannolewen | 20-02-2005 05:25
well that means a lot, especially since I'm trying to get stuff published.
Friend_Jones55
Friend_Jones55 | 20-02-2005 05:27
have you ever tried poetry.com

they'll take anyones stuff
Friend_Jones55
Friend_Jones55 | 20-02-2005 05:34
I cant believe no one else didnt read this
mannolewen
mannolewen | 20-02-2005 06:08
lol, its hard to believe no one else has posted, normally i get a better responce then this.
but i tried poetry.com. Not exactly sure how it all works but thanks for mentioning it.

I have another poem i posted today and no one responded to that either.
Friend_Jones55
Friend_Jones55 | 20-02-2005 06:13
I'll check it out!
mannolewen
mannolewen | 20-02-2005 22:19
thanks
POP OUT SAVE saving ...
Read more: