We use cookies to customise content and advertising to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to our site. We also shares information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. read more.
  •    
  •    
  •    

Forum

Follow 0 Comment 12 Share & like

Reach for the stars (poem/short story)

mannolewen
    mannolewen20-02-2005 03:35
    Awoken by the sound of silence. I search the darkness for a creature of a night. Nothing is there. Nothing is moving. Nothing is breathing. The common feeling of being alone fills my veins. Again I lay searching my ceiling for the stars. The colour is right but there are no stars. Only a small crack in the corner. Hiding under the covers I drift back asleep.

Again, awoken by silence. I check the window, hoping for a familiar face. Nothing is there. Nothing is moving. Something is breathing. The common feeling of being insignificant returns. Again I search the world for a star. The colour is right and they are there. ALthough they look small the are large, just like me. Hiding behind a window without curtains I drift to an unknown world.

Again, awoken by silence. I move from the window and search the halls for a loving figure. Nothing is there. Nothing is moving. There is definate sound of breathing. The common feeling of being surrounded circles me. Again I search my place of existance for a star. Not the right colour but the stars are much bigger. Hiding in an open hallway I sneak away from attention.

Again, awoken by silence. I creep into a well known room thinking of memories. Lots are there. Someone is moving. I can feel the breathing. The common feeling of suspence lurks under other covers. Again I sneak forward to find a star. Not the right colour but a true star uncovered. Hiding beside a bed I wait to be noticed.

Again, awoken by silence. I climb to a bed knowing the security. It is there. Someone is awake. Then notice my breathing. The common feeling of love in infront of my face. Again I pull the covers up to seek the star I know is there. Not the right colour but the star is beside me. Underneath covers I have found perfection.
    12 comments 
    mannolewen
    mannolewen20-02-2005 04:06
    **creature of THE night, not creature of A night
    Friend_Jones55
    Friend_Jones5520-02-2005 04:09
    Thats awesome!

Keep it up!
    mannolewen
    mannolewen20-02-2005 04:15
    thanks. I wrote it not even knowing what it was about and it just kinda stopped.....it was weird.
    Friend_Jones55
    Friend_Jones5520-02-2005 04:17
    I just like to read that over and over again

I say thats best peom I have ever read
    mannolewen
    mannolewen20-02-2005 04:19
    wow, thats quite the compliment. Thank you very much.
    Friend_Jones55
    Friend_Jones5520-02-2005 04:33
    Your welcome

You have talent dont quit!
    mannolewen
    mannolewen20-02-2005 05:25
    well that means a lot, especially since I'm trying to get stuff published.
    Friend_Jones55
    Friend_Jones5520-02-2005 05:27
    have you ever tried poetry.com

they'll take anyones stuff
    Friend_Jones55
    Friend_Jones5520-02-2005 05:34
    I cant believe no one else didnt read this
    mannolewen
    mannolewen20-02-2005 06:08
    lol, its hard to believe no one else has posted, normally i get a better responce then this.
    but i tried poetry.com. Not exactly sure how it all works but thanks for mentioning it.

I have another poem i posted today and no one responded to that either.
    Friend_Jones55
    Friend_Jones5520-02-2005 06:13
    I'll check it out!
    mannolewen
    mannolewen20-02-2005 22:19
    thanks
    pop out save

Topics you may also like

• more "Poetry" topics
    • active topics
    • new topics